Dr Humayun Mohmand

zxcv

Come on man.

Am I going to be the only poster out there who is going to be straight!

This is ridiculous. You're doing three-four patients a day? Only spend 20 minutes or so on the strip removal when most top surgeons spend around 45-60 minutes to cut down on the transection.

Then you make all recipient sites within 30 minutes on a three thousand graft case.

Mind you what about patients who are partially thinning, Which means more caution should be taken when making slits between existing hairs.

And still this doctor states that he does three-four patients a day?

This sounds more like a hair mill to me..

Now take my opinion for what it is worth, it doesn't bother me, but just recently who could forget that this doctor wasn't even having his techs dissect grafts under microscopes??

Also as for Ammars, you need to chill a bit. It's understandable to be excited about your recent plant. But man, you sound like a cheerleader going on about how good the Doctor is. You haven't had any grown out results yet. So maybe you should wait a little before bragging this doctor's name every chance you get!

Just my two cents..

I agree . Sounds like a mill to me also

Im no fan of this doctor one bit compared to whats out there.

It just seems the more he posts the more he shoves his foot in his mouth.

To be honest though hes probably better then most of the guys in his country.

Hes cheap and does ok work .

That is very attractive to some guys

Hopefully Ammars 27 will get what hes looking for but hes just like alot of guys that just step out the chair.

A couple guys emailed me laughing at what they feel is his true agenda but I just think hes excited.

What more,

I have checked into his website and hair transplants are not the only thing this clinic is practicing.

He's doing tummy tucks, ear and eye lid surgery..

Tell me something doct. Do you also perform these procedures on the same days that you do the 3-4 hair transplant patients?

I certainly do understand that its a bit too much for some people.

I am talking about generlly, YES ofcourse when I am doing between hair it takes longer and then I am not doing 3000 when doing in a thinning out patient.

Its quick when we doing a Type V, VI or VII and most of my patients are like that.

With respect to slites making, I do all my sites before hand and the tech only place grafts.

I do feel that PGP is no fan of me, but judge me on my results only, If my results looks to you that they are not natural looking, I am guilty, If my results are not of a minimum standard, whether or not I use the same techniques as some in US does, I am guilty.

May be I am fast, may be I do have a good eye to hand co-ordination.

With respect to the question of spending 40 to 45 minutes, you need to understnd few things the back ground of the surgeon training can matter. A Plastic Surgery back ground training will be different than non surgery back ground.

I probably would be as cautious in saving the follicles while cutting the strip as anyone but once that is done, the rest of removing the strip is pretty quick.

Now as I am a trained lastic Surgeon YES I still do all other cosmetic surgery procedures and Hair transplant is one of them.

I do not see any harm if I do another cosmetic procedure on the same day, provided if I have the time and stemina to do so. But generally when I have another procedure than the number of HT will be obviouly less in number.

But please do judge me on my results.....after all that is all we are here for, we might dis agree on issues but remember

THERE IS MORE THAN ONE WAY OF SKINING A CAT....so how I do it is not important but what is the end result and what I do is important.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Dr. Mohmand,

I think patient members of our community are saying they are concerned that you are a bit rushed in how you handle patients.

Most reputable clinics perform one or two surgeries daily per doctor and staff, not three or four.

You may very well be very quick and capable of harvesting donor strips quickly and making recipient sites. However, most reputable physicians feel that careful harvesting to minimize transection and artistically placing recipient sites takes a bit of time. In addition, technicians can only dissect and place grafts so fast without risking damage to them.

Ultimately, I agree with you that it's the final results that matter most. However, you appear to be presenting information that shows things are a bit rushed at your clinic.

Perhaps now would be a good time to explain how you are carefully attentive to each patient to ensure the best possible results.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dr Mohammed,

I do agree that there are different ways of doing things but the concern of the community members here is that your way of doing things differently might be resulting into something unwanted, such as in cutting the donor strip in just a matter of 20mins might transact more hair follicles than doing the same procedure in say 50 mins. It can also be that making quick incision can sometime damage more number of surrounding hair follicles than that of doing it at a slower pace..I am not doubting your credibility or your ability and we all have seen your fantastic patience results but the concern is you might be doing unknowing damage while doing things at a faster rate..

Done done.. Check out my blog..

2785 grafts by Dr. Humayun Mohammad

My Hair Loss WebLog

Let me explain here

The transaction of the roots can be done mainly at time when we are cutting the side of the strip.

USE single Balde, watch th angle of the excisting hairs comming out, put the first nick and then pull apart the cut skin, you will see the roots, it is this open technique that will aloow you to make further cut along the line of the grafts and maximum 1% transection would happen. Once that is done on both side, all you are left is going in the subcutaneous tissue (FAT Layer under skin and roots) and cut the tissue off.

For example I took 27 cm long strip and I calculated my time from skin incision to skin closure, which I do just one layer as oppose to other doctors who do two layer closure. It took me just over 13 minutes on a typical case. I am enclosing a picture close up of the typical strip I will get see the damage yourself. Let you be the judge

strip.jpg.1e7fff704bd64522b2e23f33fc87b539.jpg

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Hello Dr Humayun. I know this query has nothing much to do with this discussion, but i wanted to ask you if the Hair Transplant Institute of Dr Asad in Lahore is in anyway linked to your clinic? I ask this as both clinic websites have the same symbol for "hair transplant institute"? This kinda confused me.]

Thanks and congratulations on the results your are showing.

YES we have a link as we are friends and I actually allowed him to use the same logo but with DR Asad's name as a prefixed. Its registered on my name. As he is a personal friend and a very good surgeon, I have no hesitaion for him to use the LOGO, just consider as if we are same but no financial link between us.

---

• 3 weeks later...

so from reading the above I guess we can conclude that the speed makes no difference ?

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) Sept 1996

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com'>https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) February 1998

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

2475 grafts FUT Dr Mohammed Humayun Mohmand (Pakistan)

27th January 2009

http://www.hti.com.pk

3550 Total Grafts (3000 rear donor area & 400 from beard and 150 breast area) FUE & PRP Treatment with Dr Emrah Cinik (ISHRS), Istanbul, Turkey. 10th October 2017

http://www.emrahcinik.com/

My Blog & Hair loss website story:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1123