Dr Bhatti - Finasteride or Dutasteride

83mjs

I follow Darling Buds Clinic (India's #1 clinic 😉) on YouTube and the past week or so Dr Bhatti has been killing it with helpful videos on many aspects of hairloss

Very good video here on fina & dut

https://youtu.be/9lRZn2elrAI

He recommends taking finasteride at night because T levels peak at about 1am due to the body's circadian rhythm and fina's half life is only 6 to 8 hours (10:20 in the vid) This is interesting, I never heard this recommendation before. Can anyone comment on this?

I didn’t watch the vid but if he’s saying that I think that’s utter bs. If you take finasteride at 1mg per day the half life is 6-8 hours so that means there is still .5mg of fin in your system after one half life is completed. Another 6-8 hours later there is still .25mg of fin left in your system. So after two half lives are completed, fin is still in the system at therapeutic levels. There are studies showing that doses down to .2mg still inhibit serum dht almost as much as 1mg.

secondly, 5 alpha reductase, which fin inhibits, does not build up quickly. So normal male testosterone levels really aren’t even a concern