SUNLIGHT EXPOSURE THROUGH GLASS WINDOW AND THIN CURTAIN

I'm very very curious ff my scalp, post procedure, is exposed to sunlight through a glass window, can this be bad for the implanted area?

its perhaps for like an hour a day, but only through a glass window and a thin curtain.

Technically you can get a sun burn through a window. To much sun exposure after a hair transplant is not recommended. The recipient area is usually red and irritated already and sun exposure can only make it worse. Sunlight through a window and a curtain will not likely cause any damage depending on the thickness of the curtain and the angle at which the sunlight hits the scalp.

one more question...what is the first indicationn or sympton that ones implanted area has begun to be effected by sun exposure? in other words, what would i first notice that would/might raise a flag?

what is the first indicationn or sympton that ones implanted area has begun to be effected by sun exposure?

All "burns", chemical, radiation, etc. result in some form of blistering and peeling of the epithelial tissue resulting in "redness" or "soreness".

Don't worry about it. If you have a thin curtain on your office window, you should be fine.

take care...

• 1 year later...
I'm very very curious ff my scalp, post procedure, is exposed to sunlight through a glass window, can this be bad for the implanted area?

its perhaps for like an hour a day, but only through a glass window and a thin curtain.

ytoday

I hope you are experiencing great results!

Did the sunlight coming through glass windows (plus curtain) had any adverse effects on your results?