Dr. Arocha | African American Male | FUT/FUE Combo | 4 Days Post-op

This patient under went a combination FUE/FUT procedure at Arocha Hair Restoration. Dr. Arocha utilizes the smallest possible punch – as small as a .7-millimeter punch in his manual FUE work. For this particular patient, we used a .8-millimeter punch because of the follicle curvature underneath the dermis. The “before” images were taken immediately following his procedure. 

You will notice sutures in the upper left and right from the FUT. This patient underwent a combination FUT/FUE procedure to maximize his donor yield. Both techniques are good and sometimes it takes both to maximize a patient’s result. He came back in four days and the patient was already healed, but he indicated no visible punches on Day 2 of his recovery. 

Will continue to update as he comes in for his follow-ups. 

thumb__DC16123_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2018_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16124_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2020_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16122_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2014_1024.jpg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

• 1 month later...

I squinted for the sutures since you called them out. Is that the strip scar right above the FUE extractions? Usually we just see the standard  central donor strip with FUE extractions around the linear incision. Very interested in what influenced the placement if that is indeed the strip.

Edit: I was also wondering how many total grafts were used for this case.

Edited by Mycroft