PRP after FUE transplant safe?

Personally I would not do it now.  If the grafts are going to take then you are well past this point, assuming this is why you want to have PRP now.

The former poster Dutchie did this and it seemed to stunt his growth, or cause some shedding.

Having said all this, I'm no expert in PRP.  Suggest asking someone like Dr Cooley who knows a lot about it.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I think you should wait before you do anything. There are a lot of variables in PRP from clinic to clinic.  In any case PRP is blind, you dont know what your going to get. If you just had a HT you don't need it . In my opinion you would be wasting your money. Good luck with your HT.

Paddy

• Like 1

I would recommend waiting until a year once you have whats considered full results.

However If I was to do PRP I would wait 5 months post surgery but only to the donor areas and NONE transplanted areas of my scalp. Since PRP helps with clearing scaring on skin and promotes hair growth. After a year then I'll consider the transplanted areas. My PRP of choice would be A-Cell. However it would be best if you consult with your hair transplant surgeon.

Edited by JP34567