Excision of larger grafts

Has anyone here had large grafts excised and then replanted? I mean the mini grafts of old containing 5 or more hairs per graft. Can a transplant be done in the same day or is graft excision and transplant not done on the same day?

I had a few plugs removed at the hairline, but not the old one of 5 and more, basically grafts with doubles and triples in them, they can be used again but some did not survive because were  more difficult to remove than native hair. Not sure about the old plugs, you should consult with a few doctors, sometimes the doctor will remove the obvious ones especially at the hairline and put grafts around the rest to camouflage the area, but they can be removed for sure, send your pictures to a couple doctors and ask about the procedure.

Thank you, Abi. I have a pretty good looking hairline at the moment, but the grafts behind the hairline are so stalky that I can't part my hair the way I'd like. Unfortunately, my doctor chose to camouflage rather than remove the old style pluggy grafts and this led to a less than perfect result. Although the hairline looks good, the hair behind the hairline points in the wrong direction.