Hair Transplant Advice and Opinion/Experience with Dr Nadimi

Hey guys,

Great forum here, I’ve been lurking here on and off for 10+ years.

Background:

Around the age of 23-24 I started losing hair FAST. I was rapidly thinning everywhere and freaked out and starting looking into hair transplants. I was so scared I flew all the way to Los Angeles (from Texas) for a hair transplant consultation with Dr Rassman. He told me to hold off on getting a transplant and start Propecia which I did. 

Fin did an amazing job halting hair loss and even thickening my pre-existing hair. I forgot all about my hair and stopped lurking on hair transplant forums. However, about 7 years later when I was around 30 I started getting bad side effects from the fin. I tried titrating my dose down but ultimately had to stop completely because I was getting side effects even at miniscule doses. I stopped taking Fin and switched to Rogaine which I also feel has slowed down hair loss. However, I’m now 37 and have had progressive hairloss and frontal recession and I’m again considering getting a hair transplant to restore my hair line. I am putting photos below that you can see. 

I initially reached out to Dr Konior since he had an excellent reputation on those boards and is a fairly quick 3 hour flight away from me. I was forwarded to Dr Nadimi whom I have a consultation with coming up soon. She quoted me 1500 grafts for potential FUE based on pics below.

Do any posters/lurkers here have any experience with Dr Nadimi. A few posts I was able to dig up were generally positive but she doesn’t strictly do hair transplants and is relatively new.  Advice and opinions are greatly appreciated!

18140214-004E-4E4A-B2DF-DEC2E459F329.jpeg

7664679A-5CFB-48B5-BAD1-997D4316E761.jpeg

0DAE3514-7E25-4379-861B-345F113B0CDD.jpeg

79456747-4A69-41D3-904C-B38AD06C0F6B.jpeg

DD9D0E02-6837-4251-9327-1070596911F9.jpeg

Edited by BadHairDay

4 hours ago, BadHairDay said:

Hey guys,

Great forum here, I’ve been lurking here on and off for 10+ years.

Background:

Around the age of 23-24 I started losing hair FAST. I was rapidly thinning everywhere and freaked out and starting looking into hair transplants. I was so scared I flew all the way to Los Angeles (from Texas) for a hair transplant consultation with Dr Rassman. He told me to hold off on getting a transplant and start Propecia which I did. 

Fin did an amazing job halting hair loss and even thickening my pre-existing hair. I forgot all about my hair and stopped lurking on hair transplant forums. However, about 7 years later when I was around 30 I started getting bad side effects from the fin. I tried titrating my dose down but ultimately had to stop completely because I was getting side effects even at miniscule doses. I stopped taking Fin and switched to Rogaine which I also feel has slowed down hair loss. However, I’m now 37 and have had progressive hairloss and frontal recession and I’m again considering getting a hair transplant to restore my hair line. I am putting photos below that you can see. 

I initially reached out to Dr Konior since he had an excellent reputation on those boards and is a fairly quick 3 hour flight away from me. I was forwarded to Dr Nadimi whom I have a consultation with coming up soon. She quoted me 1500 grafts for potential FUE based on pics below.

Do any posters/lurkers here have any experience with Dr Nadimi. A few posts I was able to dig up were generally positive but she doesn’t strictly do hair transplants and is relatively new.  Advice and opinions are greatly appreciated!

If I were you, I'd go with someone who strictly practices hair transplant surgery, has many positive reviews, and is recommended on here. It's good that you're proactive with taking meds for your hairloss. Have you considered topical finasteride? There have been studies demonstrating positive efficacy of topical finasteride without the side effects of systemic finasteride:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609098/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29972712

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4314881/

There are combination minoxidil/finasteride meds out there too. Dr. Rassman's advice was sound and based on what I've heard, he seems ethical. I'd suggest getting a consultation from multiple physicians. Are you restricted by geography? I suspect some surgeons might even suggest that you take the combo meds to see how you respond and go from there.

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. Best of luck and keep us posted on your journey.

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Thanks for the reply.

I actually did try the topical Fin/Minox combo and got side effects, although to a milder degree. However, I don't want to keep pushing it.

I am not restricted by $$$ or geography in general, although for convenience sake it would be easier if it was in the USA.

2 hours ago, BadHairDay said:

Thanks for the reply.

I actually did try the topical Fin/Minox combo and got side effects, although to a milder degree. However, I don't want to keep pushing it.

I am not restricted by $$$ or geography in general, although for convenience sake it would be easier if it was in the USA.

NP at all. Sorry to hear that you were getting side effects from the topical solution. 

I would consult the surgeons recommended on this forum and go with whom you're most comfortable with and who sets reasonable expectations. I do think 1,500 grafts is reasonable for what you're seeking. Are you considering FUT, or strictly looking at FUE?

I think you should look in NYC too. You can visit multiple highly touted surgeons in 1 trip via a quick subway ride, etc.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Nadimi is fairly new to the game but her patient posted results have been excellent so far. If you like Dr. Konior's work and are looking for something similar / more economical, she's a great option as her post op photos have that same clean appearance.

I would ask Dr. Nadimi how much hair restoration work she performs compared to other procedures, and get a few takes from other big names to see how they'd approach your case.

20 hours ago, RecessionProof said:

Nadimi is fairly new to the game but her patient posted results have been excellent so far. If you like Dr. Konior's work and are looking for something similar / more economical, she's a great option as her post op photos have that same clean appearance.

I would ask Dr. Nadimi how much hair restoration work she performs compared to other procedures, and get a few takes from other big names to see how they'd approach your case.

Thanks for the advice...my feeling is if she trained with Dr Konior she is probably  safe/good...I couldn’t find any negative results from Dr Konior on this forum 

On 12/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

NP at all. Sorry to hear that you were getting side effects from the topical solution. 

I would consult the surgeons recommended on this forum and go with whom you're most comfortable with and who sets reasonable expectations. I do think 1,500 grafts is reasonable for what you're seeking. Are you considering FUT, or strictly looking at FUE?

I think you should look in NYC too. You can visit multiple highly touted surgeons in 1 trip via a quick subway ride, etc.

Is there a good way to reduce the systemic absorption of Topical fin?