Drugs after procedure?

When you say "drugs" I am assuming that you are referring to hair loss drugs such as finasteride, minoxidil, etc.

These hair loss drugs are needed for the native hair that is DHT receptive.

Hair that is used for transplants is harvested from the so-called permanent zone in the donor region and is usually considered as terminal hair, meaning DHT resistant.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi Gillenator, yes that's what I'm referring to. And I would not do that both for the side effects and I'd forget about doing it anyway. So with that in mind should I just forget about considering the procedure?

If I understand  you right it's needed to keep the transplants over time??

Thanks for your input!

I recently had a HT and I dont take medication for the same reason. Thousands have had very successful HTs without it, so I wouldn't be ruling it out on that basis.

When and if you lose more of your native hair you could have plenty of doner supply to give the illusion of density.

I also used beard grafts on the mid scalp also, which gives you more options again.

..........Paddy.......

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:30 PM, kam said:

Hi Gillenator, yes that's what I'm referring to. And I would not do that both for the side effects and I'd forget about doing it anyway. So with that in mind should I just forget about considering the procedure?

If I understand  you right it's needed to keep the transplants over time??

Thanks for your input!

Kam,

Please read my post again...I stated the drugs are needed for the "native hair that is DHT receptive", not for the transplants.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY