HT Dr. Cinik 4700 grafts

JSB77

Hello Everyone,

I just finished my HT with Dr. Ciniks office. I had 3400 donor from back of head, 1000 from beard/under chin, and 300 from the chest. Originally he said 3000-3500 total but I was shocked to find out they got 4700 total! It was pretty painful at times I wont lie. It lasted 7-8 hours. The only part that is sore afterwards is the tape bandage on my chest lol. 

One thing that puzzles me was towards the end. It seemed like the techs were already done placing the implanted hairs into their recipient sites (after Dr. Cinik made the channel openings). The techs then seemed to pull out hair/or skin not really sure mostly from the back of the head. They did this like 300-400 times then sprayed with liquid. We were already done with the implantation at that point so why do you think they used the tweezers at that point to what seemed like pulling out more hairs? After they used the tweezers (it hurt alot by the way) they then rinsed with spray liquid. Dried and put bandages. It could not have been they were taking out newly implanted grafts because that would not have hurt. I think they were taking out existing hair or skin around the newly implanted grafts. But why? I asked them but they didnt understand what I was asking and they seemed like the final result was fabulous. So do any of you guys ever have this issue? Thanks

Edited by JSB77

I too have experienced that with Dr. Cinik. There seemed to be a lot less grafts planted than the amount they said was extracted. It did look like they extracted a lot though. I was thinking they either transected quite a bit of the grafts during extraction (although they said 85%)... or they sold my grafts on the black market 😭

They said 4500 or something for me when they initially said 3500. I don't mind if they lied about the numbers, I'm just hoping they didn't waste any of my precious donor area LOL

To me some doubts about the numbers that "shoot" or better state in that clinic after the procedures, it is starting to rise, but being certainly not one hundred percent, I still don't want to say it.  In a few months, I'll see how my ht is going and eventually I'll say

Edited by Egy

• 6 months later...