3 Weeks Post OP - Some hairs looking weird

Hey guys,

So I started to shed about a week ago, about 30% of the hairs, their bottom (The parts that comes out of the scalp), seems little curve, I am not sure what does it means but hopefully nothing bad, I haven't asked my doctor yet because I want to ask you if I have a reason to be worried about, I know grafts are supposed to be secured by now but what is the reason for the bottom part to look like so curve? 

I attached two photos, one hair alone and in the second picture you can see one normal hair vs one curved.

Thanks in advance!!

de123.png

w22.jpg

This is completely normal. At three weeks, the grafts are definitely secure - and it's expected that they start shedding around this stage. I can't say for sure why some are curved and some aren't, but it's nothing to worry about either way.

And a good rule of thumb to remember in terms of losing grafts - If a graft were dislodged, it would be quite painful (and would typically bleed). So it seems as if you're good to go. Now the patient waiting game begins! :) 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56