Deciding on a surgeon

willy5972

Just a little help guys. I am in the eastern United States and starting to begin to research possible doctors for HT. I would like some feed back from others on great docs to trust in. I want to do this right, if anyone has suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Just a little help guys. I am in the eastern United States and starting to begin to research possible doctors for HT. I would like some feed back from others on great docs to trust in. I want to do this right, if anyone has suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Willy,

You've come to the right place. Within this forum you should easily be able to come up with at least a handful of superb HT doctors who you might want to consider. Simply read as much here as you can and it will all unfold before you. Yu will not fail.

Do consider traveling in your considerations because often the surgeon you want most to do your work will be in a location far away from where you live. For example, Minnesota and Vancouver should not be ruled out just because they are far from West Virginia. Travel will end up being a very small part of the overall efforts you will put toward ending your baldness woes, even if you do go far or wide.

Cliff

I agree with the comment to avoid the big franchises. Don't go to anyplace that advertises on TV with infomercials, these places are not the best.

In my opinion there are only a handful of doctors who can do a consistently great result. That means the odds are slim that one of these doctors happens to be located in your immediate area. Don't bother with an "okay" or "average" hair transplant, in my opinion these will look like obvious hair transplants and are a waste of money.

Be careful as there are sharks in these waters. The best thing to do is spend a bunch of time learning about hair transplants, what can they do and NOT do, what are the best methods, what to avoid etc. The more you know, the more you raise your odds of making a good choice and having a successful outcome.

I'm not sure, but I would not at all be surprised to hear that there isn't a really great clinic in West Virginia. The really great clinics are rare, and you need to figure out which ones they are.

The main thing is to keep reading and keep learning and keep asking questions.

Willy,

The Internet is full of scam artists. It is good to listen to the opinions of those who have had work done by the doctor they are recommending, but make your own decision on what is right for you. If someone has not personally received a HT from the doctor they are recommending, their opinion should not factor into your decision.

That's my opinion,

Mr. T

Mr. T's web page