Will all transplanted hairs always fall out?

Hi,

I'm about 3 weeks post-op.  Starting at almost 2 weeks in until a few days ago, a lot of my transplanted hairs were falling out - anytime I ran my fingers through my hair, all over my pillow etc.

In the last few days though - I've noticed little to 0 hairs falling out - and a lot of the transplanted hair in the crown is still there.

Does this mean that shedding has stopped or will it pick up again? Will all the transplanted hair always shed or is it possible that some will stay?

Taken from a baldness blog

Hair takes root directly

“A small part of the transplanted hair (usually 5-10%, but the percentages can vary a lot) will not meet the fall process before regrowing, but it will take root directly from the beginning.  And obviously another very small percentage (in some cases equal to zero), could not re-grow (but if the intervention is good, we don't even notice it”

Edited by Giastro

I am the exception to the rule in that I did not experience shedding.   I am also over 70 now and that may have been a contributing factor.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Eventually all of the grafts will shed and begin a new growth cycle.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY