Did You Guys Ever Compensate For Hair Loss?

• Administrators

I was looking back at how my life used to be in my 20's, and I was a total gym rat. I would weigh my food and would always try and diet to stay fit and lean. After some internal analyzing, I realized that I was severely compensating for my lack of hair. I wanted to be seen as the "fit" guy instead of the "bald" guy. 

I still exercise to stay healthy, but I'm nothing like I used to be at all. My focus and outlook has completely changed. It's all thanks to my hair. I've even had a few people ask me if I still work out, which would have upset me when I was bald, now I don't care haha. Did any of you guys do this? Doesn't have to be with the gym, could be with schooling, cars, material possessions etc. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I actually gained about 30 pounds from becoming a gym rat (went from 145 to 175)....too bad not all of it was muscle though haha. I attribute it to compensating for my hair loss too. Going to the gym is a great stress reliever for me though so I continue to go when time permits. I totally relate to what you're saying. I believe I'm 1 hair transplant away from being happy with my hair (have had 2 FUTs so far). 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

I think most guys dealing with hair loss compensate by growing facial hair.  I am guessing, for those who get really depressed, weight does come into play because they can't stop eating.  

We all deal with stress in one way or another.  But it is the stress that's contributing to the hair loss.  It is not the culprit but can sure have an effect.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dr. Sal said:

I actually gained about 30 pounds from becoming a gym rat (went from 145 to 175)....too bad not all of it was muscle though haha. I attribute it to compensating for my hair loss too. Going to the gym is a great stress reliever for me though so I continue to go when time permits. I totally relate to what you're saying. I believe I'm 1 hair transplant away from being happy with my hair (have had 2 FUTs so far). 

haha that dirty bulk lol. I'm not sure we will ever be truly satisfied. We can always use more hair. I'm ecstatic with my hair, but I definitely wish I had more hair lol

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

haha that dirty bulk lol. I'm not sure we will ever be truly satisfied. We can always use more hair. I'm ecstatic with my hair, but I definitely wish I had more hair lol

Yeah lol, I'm trying to cut, but dieting is such a pain. I can work out, but eating right is so hard. Thankfully I have enough donor area and laxity that I can probably do 1-2 more FUT sessions. I might consider FUE as well. Your hair looks good Melvin

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

20 hours ago, ndubya said:

I bought a faguar(jaguar) car. But within a month I realized it was useless.

Sold it and bought a big truck that has actually help make me a bunch of money.

I'm curious...how'd the truck make you a bunch of money?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

I'm curious...how'd the truck make you a bunch of money?

I'm gonna guess construction work 

View my thread