10 months too early?

I think you are in a similar position to myself. I have decided to wait to a year. I think it depends on how big your first session was and if you are planning to transplant into the same areas again or different areas. If you had a big session first time waiting will allow more time for laxity to return. Not waiting means more risk of a bigger scar. If you are transplanting into the same areas waiting gives more chance for the final density and hair texture to be established. Not waiting could mean you use too many grafts in an area that could still be thickening.

Theoretically waiting more than a year could allow continued improvement in the ways I mentionned but a year is often quoted a sensible waiting period.

All the best man.

i waited 13months.all grafts placed in same area as 1st ht.i did have some shock loss to previously transplanted hairs and questioned the 2nd procedure.but the shocked hairs returned and things are looking good now.so i would wait at least 1year

At 10 months you are probably looking at 80-90% of your results. It really depends on when the hair started growing. If you were getting growth at 3 months, you will be close to a final result at 10 months. If you did not start getting growth until month 4 or 5 then you may need to wait up to 1 year to get a final result. The concern in transplanting a second procedure to soon is that the doctor may make an incision in the recipient area right on top of a previously placed graft that has not yet started growing. It is unlikely that at 10 months that this will occur. One additional benefit of waiting a year or more is that you can make a good decision as to whether you need more grafting in the original transplanted area and if so what areas need more than others.

Take a chance,

In addition to what others have said, I've always felt it's better to wait a full year to allow your donor to heal fully and regain all the elasticity it can. Of course, scalp exercises will help with this too. However, for those reading this, be aware that scalp exercises should be avoided until at least 6 months after the procedure.

Best wishes,

Bill