FUE Post op - Using conditioner on recipient area?

Hello all just wanted to gather anyones experience if I should use conditioner after shampooing on the recipient area after an FUE. I am 3 months post op and was wondering if its recommended. I've actually never used conditioner on my hair prior because I don't like how it makes your hair appear thinner due to basically adding oil to your scalp. However, I did notice I do have some dry skin / flaking on my recipient area at 3 months post op.

I actually vaguely remember there are some clinics that have patients use conditioner on the recipient crusts post op to help them soften up and be washed away. I'd imagine if it were bad for hairs then they would not recommend that. At 3 months your grafts are def secure and some have likely started to grow already. Def follow up with diep if you are really concerned.

I had scalp build up for a while too and the one shampoo that helped slough it off is neutrogena t/sal which has salicylic acid in it. The t/sal is pretty drying however. Might be worth a  shot

At 3 months post-op it's perfectly fine to use a conditioner with your shampoo product.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY