How do you know how many hair follicles you planted last time?

Before the operation, you and the doctor can determine the planting plan. It is possible to plant 3,000 hair follicles and possibly 5,000 hair follicles. But how do you know that so many hair follicles have been planted?  If you actually plant a few hundred hair follicles or even thousands, you probably don't know?  So the question is coming. Is there a way to prove how many hair follicles I planted last?  Especially the manual FUE

Normally one of the technicians stands next to the Doc/tech with a hand held tally clicker, or whatever they use,  and counts every time he/she makes an incision. The same applies with extraction process I think. So this should tally up with the number of grafts previously extracted. Obviously if the Doc is using the implanter pen method, then as long as there are no grafts left in the Petri dishes, you’re pretty much guaranteed that all the grafts have been planted.😂👍

Hope this helps.

19 hours ago, Anthonyd said:

Normally one of the technicians stands next to the Doc/tech with a hand held tally clicker, or whatever they use,  and counts every time he/she makes an incision. The same applies with extraction process I think. So this should tally up with the number of grafts previously extracted. Obviously if the Doc is using the implanter pen method, then as long as there are no grafts left in the Petri dishes, you’re pretty much guaranteed that all the grafts have been planted.😂👍

Hope this helps.

That's the way it was for me.

And make sure the clinic is charting everything...how many grafts were placed...the sizes...exactly where they were placed, etc., etc.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

A hair follicle may contain several hairs。 In this sense, how many hair follicles are finally planted cannot be counted according to the number of incisions. Is it correct to calculate the number of hair follicles extracted?

2288BFE3-0224-4737-9544-1D037F18D028.gif.2672e124c9e28c5f42c0b4f15568c340.gif

I’m not 100% sure what you are asking, but I think this may help. So this patient had 2500grafts extracted. So there will be only 2500 incisions made in the recipient area, but the patient will have had 5625 hairs in total planted. This equates to an average of 2.25 hairs per graft .

All clinics will have charts/white boards with this information on for you to see.👍simples!

You are all right of course.....but.....(there is always a but).....

I've also seen cases, and it happened with me, where the doctor, (to save time), did all the recipient sites first without knowing what the count was going to be.  This typically happens when there are 3-4 cases scheduled the same day.  In my own case the doctor made 1200 sites but they were only able to harvest 1083.  And of course, these ranged from 1-4 hairs.  

Typically, at the end of the procedure, the staff and the doctor will tell you how many grafts were planted. This particularly happens when there were lots more and you got them for free. And all of this, by the way, will be documented on the chart.  Thus, you can always ask for a copy of this particular page.  In it you'll also see the names of the staff involved in the case.

Because we are all humans, mistakes are bound to happen.  I've seen cases where the person counting lost count.  So, nothing is 100% but the closest to it is what's documented on the chart.

A few other things that will give you an idea of how many were transplanted; the size of the incision, the total area transplanted, and how tightly placed the grafts seem to be.

Finally, ask the doctor at the beginning of a consultation...."how many grafts can you typically put in the front, (or the corners, etc).  Then do the math.

48 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

Is it standard for the industry to give them to you for free?

No, some do, (which is the right thing to do - in my view.  And, at the end of the day, the staff can say "the doctor was able to give you $2000 worth of work that you don't have to pay, it's on the house."  You would really be building intrinsic value.

I am aware some try to charge the patient at the end of the day.  The problem I see with this, not only do you come across sleazy, but think about it. What was agreed upon originally?  And, the patient is still under the local at the end of the day.  Do you think he is going to remember any of it?  Surprise surprise when he realizes that he now has less money in the bank account.  The only way to remedy this, on the side of the practice, is to have the conversation before anything happens so there are no misconceptions at the end of the day.

22 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

我接受了一次手术,其中移植计数达成了1800-2000最大移植量(甚至在咨询表中列出)。当我从手术中醒来时,结果是2600,我被迫支付所有费用以及医生的海外银行费用。

猜猜患者知道这种情况会发生是好事 :/

感谢您回答MrLaser

In this case, I think I can refuse to pay extra money because he did not ask for your consent. This is fraudulent.In addition, which clinic is this?

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:55 AM, Anthonyd said:

2288BFE3-0224-4737-9544-1D037F18D028.gif.2672e124c9e28c5f42c0b4f15568c340.gif

I’m not 100% sure what you are asking, but I think this may help. So this patient had 2500grafts extracted. So there will be only 2500 incisions made in the recipient area, but the patient will have had 5625 hairs in total planted. This equates to an average of 2.25 hairs per graft .

All clinics will have charts/white boards with this information on for you to see.👍simples!

Perfect!

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Yes a four hair graft is possible.

Gillenator