Am i balding or cowlick

What iican say regarding my cowlick part, it hasnt changed visually for a year. In the worst case scenario its slightly bigger but cant really tell the difference. I wanna be realistic with myself and i think my hair got thinner. My mothers side has no baldies. My 2 brothers got affected with mpb, and my fathers side except for his brother who saved a lot of hair in his 50s. What are my chances? Is it too early for minoxidil? I dont wanna do it too early and end up wasting a lot of money instead of saving it up for hair transplant. What are your thoughts on this?

https://m.imgur.com/a/pN2pQfV

36 minutes ago, Mikey1970 said:

Thanks for the kind words lad. I m still very skeptical off that pic with wet hair. My hair is naturally thick but after seeing my wet hair, i got suspicious of that. My hairdresser said my hair was thinner than the hair on the sides..i hope it doesnt fall too quickly 

If you look after it you should be able to maintain your hair all your life.

I was losing mine at 18, was referred to a dermatologist - have since used Ionil T shampoo, Minox Foam, later added Fin - im 48 now & have held onto most of my hair.

38 minutes ago, Mikey1970 said:

If you look after it you should be able to maintain your hair all your life.

I was losing mine at 18, was referred to a dermatologist - have since used Ionil T shampoo, Minox Foam, later added Fin - im 48 now & have held onto most of my hair.

What do you mean "look after it"? I m taking vitamin D and i have ultra sensitive shampoo. Thats about it. You think i should do minoxidil or still wait?

5 minutes ago, Mikey1970 said:

Depends on the condition of your scalp. I am a big believer in Coal Tar shampoo's, especially if you suffer excessive dandruff. Yes the Minox Foam would be a good idea for you too.

We dont have foam here. Only the clasic one with drop tube. I really dont wamma start commiting on something like minoxidil though..i think i ll wait one more year to see the progress of hairloss. I try to avoid such big commitments. If i ever stop using minoxidil my hair will dissapear at even faster rate..not to mention i d need to apply that every day twice. I d stay away from fine cuz it fucks with dht and libido...