Can You Have A Hair transplant With Retrograde Alopecia

• Administrators

How many of you have had hair transplants with Retrograde Alopecia? I would love to hear the communities input.

Can You Have A Hair Transplant With Retrograde Alopecia

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It depends on a number of factors.  Let's start with age.  Many believe, the older you are, the safer you are.  If you are young, and already experiencing loss, this will continue.  Similarly, if you are experiencing retrograde, it is likely to continue as well.  The question is, what exactly is going on back there.  Is the patient losing from the top down as well?  

Medical therapy is a must.  There is a company out there that carries a laser that covers the entire head.  The unit actually drops down on the sides and covers the entire donor.  If there is an improvement, move forward, (understanding that treatment needs to be continued - otherwise the benefit is lost.

For the patient that is a lot older, experiencing some retrograde but has stopped advancing, the question, is there enough donor in the safe zone to make an impact?

It is sad to think about all that suffer this in particular.

• Administrators

I have some minor retrograde alopecia, but haven't really had a negative impact thus far. I will say this, these past 5 years with hair have been amazing and i'm lucky that I am enjoying my hair at a relatively young age (34).

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.