gray hair become black after transplantation

un13

So, as it said  . I had a HT and a bunch of gray hair from my sides were transplanted on top, front. So what i find out is that some of them after some time from gray became black again. I cant find any explanation to that in internet, so if anaone have any ideas, please share. Thank you

hair 1.jpg

Yes, I’ve experienced this, I’ve had many gray hairs from the donor area after being transplanted on my frontal area began to gain my original dark hair color, probably due to the new blood supply.

How many months ago was your procedure and why are they coming out?

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Mohit Singh said:

Due to New blood supply gray hair become black after transplantation and would you please let me know that when you have done your hair transplant and when your grey hair becomes black.

Yes, I believe the my greying grafts once transplanted to the new recipient area and gained a new blood supply and after the normal shed, began to grow as darker as my original hair color, not all of them but most did.

I did my HT 1 year ago this month.

If they gray in the donor area, they will gray in the recipient site.  It is interesting how the donor does keep a memory on various fronts.  First, the fact it will remain permanent, and keeping its characteristics.  So say you will be graying in 20 years....the same thing will happen to the transplanted hair.  It is such a random placement, however, that it will look normal.  (Unless you are just covering a spot, say for a birthmark. Then that entire spot will turn white).

21 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

If they gray in the donor area, they will gray in the recipient site.  It is interesting how the donor does keep a memory on various fronts.  First, the fact it will remain permanent, and keeping its characteristics.  So say you will be graying in 20 years....the same thing will happen to the transplanted hair.  It is such a random placement, however, that it will look normal.  (Unless you are just covering a spot, say for a birthmark. Then that entire spot will turn white).

You’re probably right, I do have some areas on my donor back area that is not totally grey, but that’s hard to see on a daily basis compared to the sides and top of the scalp.

My wife keeps telling me that I am getting white in the donor.  I can see my sides turning to snow....tough getting old...and to think that my transplanted hair will also turn white is becoming a nightmare.....Coloring hair, that's the next step in fighting mother age.........

• 3 weeks later...

My donor is completely gray. All my transplanted hair in the front (recipient) are dark brown, darker than my original hair color before I went grey. If I don't dye my hair, then I have two dark wierd looking spots in both temples. It's strange.

I recently saw this video from Dr Lorenzo of a almost completely grey/white haired patient that had a small bald patch filled in and the new hair grew back as if he was 25 years old, I really think it’s due to the new creation of blood vessels and blood supply that reinvigorates the graft, but for how long is anyone’s guess, mine is still dark

15 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

does that mean a potential cure for grey hairs would simple to be to transplant all the hairs we have to a new location? (lol)

i started getting some grey hairs actually, and my ex-gf's mum was a hairdresser and she was convinced I dyed my hair from the colour of my transplanted hair. Was sort of looking forward to becoming a silver fox in all honesty. Guess Ill have to wait a few decades more. 

If they successfully and safely figure out hair cell cloning before the end of the next decade, I don’t see why we couldn’t replace all the stubborn grey/white hairs haha