Shaved with FUE

I have a small non-ht scar, and it would take about 50-100 grafts to repair. If I went through with the repair using FUE grafts from my donor area, spread out, would it be reasonable to expect a result that is undetectable at a very short length (#1 Buzz - Jason Statham look)? I know this is dependent on my physiology, lets just assume that I am an average healer with average density and fine hair.

Any help is great.

I have a small non-ht scar, and it would take about 50-100 grafts to repair. If I went through with the repair using FUE grafts from my donor area, spread out, would it be reasonable to expect a result that is undetectable at a very short length (#1 Buzz - Jason Statham look)? I know this is dependent on my physiology, lets just assume that I am an average healer with average density and fine hair.

Any help is great.

bostankles,

I think your goals are potentially reasonable however, I'm always reluctant to tell anyone that with a shaved head scarring will be completely undetectable. Ultimately, if enough hairs can be transplanted into the scar and grow successfully, you'll most likely substantially camouflage the appearance of the scar making it mostly undetectable.

You may want to consult with a qualified hair transplant surgeon experienced in FUE for more specifics.

All the Best,

Bill

It would help if you described the scar in greater detail. At the very least the scars size, shape, and location. If it is small enough a revision may be an option. The percentage of successful graft growth is more unpredictable when placed into scars. It may require several procedures to reach your desired density. Some clinics have a minimum charge and might make the procedure more expensive than you anticipated.

The scar is linear, front to back. I'd like to disguise it enough to wear my hair at a 2 guard. I don't want to risk possible worse scarring in any case. I've consulted Dr. Feller about FUE and am considering it. You can see a picture on another thread. The picture doesn't do the scar a justice, as it is a little more noticeable than it appears.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo...3583&highlight_key=y

Also, it's been about 9 months since I got the scar, and it still seems like hairs are sprouting underneath the scar line a little. How long do you think it will take until all the hairs that are still there will make it through the skin and mature? A few years?