Looking for a surgeon

zach07

Hi, i have had one surgery 5 years ago. So so results. Looking for second and last surgery.

I am told i dont have a lot of donor hair left. Maybe 2,500. Keep hearing and hasson & wong and how good they are with getting the most out of donor hair. Had a consult with one of their guys in new york recently. I guess my question is, is it worth flying to Canada for H&W, or is there someone in U.S who can give me the best result with the limited donor supply?

Thanks.

Definitely worth travelling if you feel H&W give you the best shot at achieving a desirable result with your remaining donor hair. Saying that, some great surgeons in the US. Really depends on what you are trying to achieve. Is there any area in particular you are looking to strengthen (hairline, crown etc)? How many grafts were used in your first procedure and was it via FUE or FUT? Also what Norwood are you?

I don't mind travel at all. Just want an idea if there are comparable surgeons in U.S, especially for someone with limited donor hair. Anyone can work wonders when there is abundance of donor hair.

Norwood? probably 6. Got 2,300  grafts last time. FUT

I have thin hair on front half i guess. nothing else on crown. Probably good 50% completely bald. I guess my choices are cover the crown and be thin all over, or get density on top. The consultant from H&W suggested the latter approach. I feel the same way. All depends on how dense they can get it.

@zach07

Hey buddy. A question. If you have had just one previous FUT at 2300 grafts, is there any particular reason why you now have limited donor? Have you been told this by a physician? If so, how many grafts did they feel you could have left to use?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

i have been told by a couple of guys. Dorin, and Bernstein. Maybe, i am the unlucky guy who never had a great donor site to begin with.

then again, they both seemed very conservative.

Hasson and Wong are a great choice. I’d also look into Konior, Cooley, and Gabel in the US. Konior in particular is known for making a little donor go a long way.

If you’re a New Yorker, Carlos Wesley and Feller/Bloxham are worth checking out as well.

Edited by RecessionProof

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 11:41 PM, RecessionProof said:

Hasson and Wong are a great choice. I’d also look into Konior, Cooley, and Gabel in the US. Konior in particular is known for making a little donor go a long way.

If you’re a New Yorker, Carlos Wesley and Feller/Bloxham are worth checking out as well.

👍