dating and ugly duckling

hey guys.

I'm 2 months FUE post-op and in full ugly duckling mode. I buzzed it the other day and will probably buzz it through post-op month 4.

I'm also 35 and single and trying to figure out what the best strategy with my dates is. keep in mind that in all of my online dating profiles I have hair.

do I:

1) say nothing about the buzzcut and surprise them in 3-4 months with hair.

2) make a point of it and say I buzzed my head just to try it out but I can't wait for it to grow out because, surprise surprise, I have hair

3) be super upfront before going out with them and say I have had a transplant and that I don't usually look like this.

very curious

19 hours ago, spex said:

In my experience being open is a great idea. Great talking point ? 

Regards

Spex

Honestly that’s what I was thinking too.

would you just casually drop it before the 2nd negroni? “I don’t usually wear my hair this short. But you see, I just had a head transplant”. Cue spit take

• Moderators

It depends on what it looks like. If there's no redness and it doesn't look like you've had a hair transplant, then why say anything about it? That's when you just say you decided to buzz it to try something different and see if you would like it. Even then I wouldn't say anything unless she asked. If you hadn't had a transplant, would you feel like you had to tell her how or why you decided to get a haircut?

If you still have redness or a lot of shock loss where it looks like you had something done, then you may have to say something.

There is also another option which is to just stop dating for another month or two and then you don't have to worry about it at all.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:27 AM, BeHappy said:

It depends on what it looks like. If there's no redness and it doesn't look like you've had a hair transplant, then why say anything about it? That's when you just say you decided to buzz it to try something different and see if you would like it. Even then I wouldn't say anything unless she asked. If you hadn't had a transplant, would you feel like you had to tell her how or why you decided to get a haircut?

If you still have redness or a lot of shock loss where it looks like you had something done, then you may have to say something.

There is also another option which is to just stop dating for another month or two and then you don't have to worry about it at all.

It looks totally natural 

Edited by HarryHonolulu