Prp. Is it worth it?

Hi guys.

I have had several transplants in the past & have very little shiny bald spots on the scalp but there is no doubt my native hair behind the transplants is weak & miniaturising. Reluctant to undergo more surgery as i have experienced a history of one problrm area being addressed only for the trauma to adversely affect adjacent hair.

What is the consensus with prp these days? Can it work in thickening up existing hair? Also is there a risk of a shock loss type situ arising from the trauma of having prp injections into the scalp?

Your advice is appreciated.cheers.

Unfortunately everyone is doing their own thing.  A shame.  You would think, for the benefit of all patients, that doctors would convene and share their experiences and come to a consensus as to what works and what doesn't.

The ASHRAE convention was a week ago,  Would have been a great opportunity for pitch in.  

In find a lot of practices starting to offer the service, often in combination with the use of laser therapy. Seems most stop alltogether when they see little to no change.  The main issue, in the view of most, is that doctors are not drawing enough blood, and suggest the patient do injections, (often without an anesthetic), every month for X amount of time.  Other factors include the addition of a matrix like A-cell.  Some do and some don't.

When done correctly, however, it can do two things.  It can help reverse the thinning and, for those doing PRP at the time of the procedure, it can help achieve results sooner.  One thing to keep in mind, if effective, it's something you have to continue doing to keep the effect.  How often? Ask the physician when you meet with him.

There is plenty of documented information on the internet regarding the subject.  

I am curious, are you doing any modalities to help you with retention of the native hair?