PRP after surgery

People are divided upon the value of PRP, you'll hear mixed opinions about whether it's worth it or not.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I have not seen any clinical evidence that PRP treatments will speed up the regrowth process...and even if there was, why spend so much more money to speed up the regrowth?

It will happen on it's own...it just takes a little patience and nothing else.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I just want to hear from someone who did it because I don't want to damage my hair and sculp somehow.

gillenator, your are absolutely right but I'm going back to university in October and I don't want to look weird when I'm going back there. So if I can do something that is really safe and can speed up the process (regrowth and redness) I will pay for that. 

I had it done on the 10th, but only because it was thrown in as part of the package.  I will have another PRP as part of the package, but I read of mixed results.  obviously it is too early see results.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Most docs recommend the use of minoxidil to jump start the grafts but talk to your own surgeon regarding this and when they would recommend starting it.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY