Second HT with Asmed

HT 2

Hi All,

Thought I post something since everyone here seems so helpful and motivating. I am 34 yrs old had my first HT in 2010 FUT in Thailand with Dr.Path about 3000 grafts. The result was mediocre I mean definitely a difference but not enough thickness and density. I have been surviving on toppik ever since. Cannot leave home without it. 

Now I'm sick of using toppik so considering at HT with Asmed clinic Dec this year. I have been told 2800 to 3000 grafts depending on my donor capacity for frontal only which sucks because I have a bold spot.

I was told I may suffer shockloss because of my thinning hair. I was told to go on finesteride. I stopped about two years ago but it looks like I will be going back on it.

Wanted to know what you guys think about shockloss and going back on fin? I also couldn't find any patients with a similar case where there is coverage on the top but not enough density and volume.

Thanks guys. 

20180618_184712.jpg

20180618_184608.jpg

20180514_221810.jpg

I've had two procedures now with ASMED both with extensive planting into diffuse areas, 70ish percent of the second procedure being into areas of existing hair. Didn't experience shockloss either time. The result into the diffused forelock in the first procedure was very strong and blends nicely into the purely transplanted areas, second procedure only 4 months in still so still in the early stages. I'd feel quite safe in your situation doing so.

Thanks just went through your journey. I am from Australia as well. My surgery is on December 4th. Still not on fin getting it next week. This will probably be my last HT as I don't think I will havel more donor capacity left. So hopefully the use of fin and nizoral will help with the crown. Maybe do an SMP if it really bothers me.

How do you get access to fin in Australia? I was trying to avoid buying online internationally. Now getting it from Ashley and Martin but they have been a pain trying to put me on a program first.

Congratulations on your results!