will hairloss reduces after the Hairtransplant

Hi,

I would like to know whether the hairloss reduces after the hairtransplant. I am thinking for hairtransplant on my frontal area and i m thinning my hair on my crown region, so after my hairtransplant with prescribed medicines will my hairloss reduces? will my hair sustain as it is now.,or do i hav to make a another transplant with in few years!

Haircare99,

I think there are 2 parts to your question.

1. Will meds help prevent future hairloss ?

Several members including myself have seen their hairloss stabilize or even improve through the use of meds. In fact, most HT doctors will suggest that you get on meds atleast 6 mos before your transplant to minimize shock loss, and continue meds after your procedure.

2. Will the transplanted hair fall out with your other hair ?

The answer is NO. The transplanted hair is yours to keep icon_smile.gif!

Your native hair could continue to fall after your transplant and it is possible that you will need another transplant in the future.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Hey thank You badger

I havent met hairtransplant doc till now. and i m interested in surgery, but my question is that neccesary to be on medication before surgery for a period of six months since i m planning to go to my home country for transplant and i would like like to be done in that period., so the medication is that much important. and i lll follow the medication after surgery and my question is rogaine helpful to increase my on crown area.,

Thanx for one more time