Question after FUE

Hi guys,

well, it's a stupid question i know, but anyway.

i'm 23 days post op and last couple of days i'm kinda sick- Sore throat, a runny nose

and today coughing. i didn't take anything for that because i didn't know if i should and because i can tolerate all of that, but i'm coughing today a lot, could it harm the grafts?.

another thing, by looking at the transplanted area i can see that the right side shed more than the left one and i saw a pimple on the right side with a big white head, but after shampoo my scalp really really gently i noticed it's head gone, i know i should not pop them but i was really gentle.

thoughts?

thank you.

so i can cough a lot (:D) and the grafts won't be affected? and i can just take medicine (not antibiotics) and it won't affected either?

what about the pimple? don't want to cause harm as well in that area.

thank you so much.

update- i took pain killers that that clinic gave me when i left 2 weeks ago, figured if i took them in the first few days post op it's ok to take them now, hope it's alright.

Edited by wheretogo

so i can cough a lot (:D) and the grafts won't be affected? and i can just take medicine (not antibiotics) and it won't affected either?

what about the pimple? don't want to cause harm as well in that area.

thank you so much.

update- i took pain killers that that clinic gave me when i left 2 weeks ago, figured if i took them in the first few days post op it's ok to take them now, hope it's alright.

Technically, it's never ideal to pop a pimple, but I don't know anyone in the world who's able to not do it. :) Depending on how stubborn it is, you could probably gently do it yourself... And if it's particularly bad, you could make a trip to your surgeon to have them do it for you. This is something Dr. Mohebi offered should I have ever had one that was particularly bothersome. At 23 days post op though, the grafts are secure... You just want to make sure everything is clean when you do it to prevent it from getting irritated or infected.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hi pkipling,

i don't touch my scalp at all besides when i wash it twice a day and when i do that i'm really really gentle, move my fingers pad really slowly, massage the shampoo gently and i wash it with a really weak stream of water. maybe the pimple was at "the end" (had a really big white head) and a gentle touch took the head off?, i just don't want it to harm the scalp in any way and plan for the pimples ahead.

thanks

Hi pkipling,

i don't touch my scalp at all besides when i wash it twice a day and when i do that i'm really really gentle, move my fingers pad really slowly, massage the shampoo gently and i wash it with a really weak stream of water. maybe the pimple was at "the end" (had a really big white head) and a gentle touch took the head off?, i just don't want it to harm the scalp in any way and plan for the pimples ahead.

thanks

Sounds like you're doing everything right. The pimples are bound to happen and are an unfortunate side effect of the procedure. The good news though is that especially at this late in the game, they're gonna be a nuisance more than anything and shouldn't impact your growth at all. The cleaner you're keeping your scalp as well, the less frequently you should get them - but when they do pop up, don't panic. Leave it alone if you can, and if you just have to pop them (and it's relatively easy to do so), I don't think it's an issue for you to do it.

You can always call your surgeon too to get their official guidance on the matter if you're still concerned. :) Happy growing!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I agree that you are fine and no damage done. Those small pimples are best left alone and no need to pop them. They will subside on their own time and just keep the recipient area and the rest of your scalp clean.

The grafts will also shed on their own time table....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

IMHO, I personally do not see much of any benefit to PRP after the surgery.

Were you treated with it concurrently with your procedure?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

no, i wasn't, just wondering if it can help with something post op.

My thoughts?...you will be fine...your body will heal itself and hang onto your hard earned money...;)

Gillenator

Thanks gillenator.

my op was at the front part of the scalp and i will probably need another one to the crown area.

what are your thoughts about prp at the crown area instead of another FUE?

another thing, i'm 32 days post op, how many times do i need to shampoo my scalp right now?, twicw a day, once?, have to do it everyday? and until when should i wash my head really really gentle with low stream?

Edited by wheretogo

At 5 weeks post-op your are fine to resume washing your scalp the way you did before your procedure because your recipient area should be well healed by now unless your are a slow healer or had any complications.

IMHO, PRP treatments will not visually improve your crown with new hair growth. In fact in some cases it can potentially cause some thinning or shock loss. Some guys have reported that to me.

If you want more hair in your crown, another procedure is what will add more hair. But just be careful to not overly pack the crown area with high density because you want to manage your donor reserves wisely and make sure you have enough for the high visual impact areas like your frontal zone and hairline.

Hope that makes some sense to you...;)

Gillenator

It make a lot of sense :)

guessing another procedure is available in about a year from now.

so, is it possible to shampoo my scalp only once a day now? use regular stream on the scalp?

noticed today 2-3 pimples on my back, how can i know if it is an outbreak cause by the MSM and biotin i'm taking?, just increased the MSM to 1000 mg each day.

Edited by wheretogo

IMHO, it is counter-productive to shampoo the scalp every day...really not necessary and will tend to make the scalp and hair shafts overly dry. It is good for the scalp to cover itself with oils it secretes.

I wash my hair twice per week and it's very healthy. If you work out or have a job that gets your hair dirty, then wash it more frequently or simply just allow the shower head to beat down on your scalp by rinsing it without using shampoo.

Also use a shampoo product that is more herbal based and does not have a lot of chemical additives, especially the ones that are alcohol derivatives.

Gillenator

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

day 75 post op, some more stupid questions.

i eat walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seed everyday.

do you have an idea of how much do i need to eat in grams?, because each time i don't know if it's too little or too much.

in the pro op pictures you can see i had some hair in the middle of the frontal part of the scalp, but we transplanted hair over it, now, what will come out?, the old one or the new one? how can you tell?.

where can i find some schedule of grow percent?

is training like walking, cycling is good for the scalp? how many times a week? what about the fact that you will sweat at the transplanted area?

yesterday i walked (not drive or just popped out) for the first time at the sun, 15-20 min, of course i was with my hat, my new UPF50 hat (i bought one because i'm paranoid :) and in the end i was still nervous and restless, tips to be calm?.

taking MSM 1000 mg and Biotin 5000 mcg daily, do you think i should increase the MSM?.

Thank you guys.

IMG-20180109-WA0000.thumb.jpg.d3d2d52ac86844f60f72877fb32bb94e.jpg

IMG-20180109-WA0001.thumb.jpg.2ac88cac0c02c8010dc8cd010eddb569.jpg

Edited by wheretogo

1000 mg of MSM daily is plenty and more really not necessary.

That's a good hat (UPF50) to wear in the sun....:cool:

Gillenator