What have you sacrificed for a HT?

I had my HT with Dr. Simmons yesterday. I feel very comfortable with the price he charged and quite frankly it was probably the last thing on my mind. If I hadn't spent it on a HT it probably would have gone into my mortgage. Oh well, a few more months work for hopefullly a lifetime of happinest and fun styling my hair like I haven't been able to in many, many, many years.

Bleachcola,

I really like the work Dr. Rahal does...he's the king of hairline design. What's your graft estimation? Thanks for the compliment, I can't wait until this all grows in.

Megatron...have you posted any pics yet? I'm sure Dr. Simmons did an excellent job!

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hey fingers,

Yes, I feel very comfortable with Dr. Rahal and went with him, Hasson and Wong was my other choice but since Dr. Rahal is cheaper and offers a bigger travel discount. I have read he also picks his patients up at the airport sometimes and even drives them back to the hotel after surgery, he really is a classy human being, and a very skilled doctor.

My estimate was about 2500 graphs but I am going with 2200, basically because 1200 bucks is A TON to me right now since I will be entering grad school etc and I dont think 300 graphs is going to make THAT much of a difference. And if I do get 2500 graphs I can pay that after the surgery as Adrian his assistant has told me, so no big deal. Looking forward to monitoring your progress! September is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away : (

Originally posted by Fingers Crossed:

Bleachcola,

I really like the work Dr. Rahal does...he's the king of hairline design. What's your graft estimation? Thanks for the compliment, I can't wait until this all grows in.

Megatron...have you posted any pics yet? I'm sure Dr. Simmons did an excellent job!

Hey Finger = you're going to have one heck of a hairline man! I had 3,100 grafts, a little higher hairline and a little further back without any work on the temples. My hair was somewhat similar to yours except a bit more receeded and thinner. I'll have some pics up next week.

Exciting times!

Thanks guys! Bleach thats a well thought out plan...I think you're right about the 300 grafts. I'm pretty sure that's not going to make too much of a difference like you said. I was actually in the same boat as you in regards to deciding between Dr. Hasson and Dr. Rahal. It took me a full year to decide. Either way you made an excellent choice.

Megatron...thanks for the compliments! I was beginning to thin in the midscalp but I found this shampoo a few years ago called L'Oreal Vive Pro Daily Thickening Shampoo for Men. Dr. Hasson actually complimented me on doing a good job "masking" my thinning. I told him it was from the shampoo, and perhaps a high protein diet. Looking forward to viewing your pics!

Guys,

I like everybody else here has had to amend their financial and probably leisure/professional schedule in a huge way to take on the riggers of a HT procedure. Extensive travel plans have been put back years, a potential wedding with my long term girlfriend will for sure be out of the picture until I am where I "need" to be. Also, as I have been saving for a while and have an ultimate plan to have saved enough to leave my job, take a HT, travel for 8/12 momths, 2nd HT and start anew. Big saving necessary but the biggest motivation for this, is in my current job, where on a day to day basis I am seen with a good thick head of hair (too much concealer), I could not handle then shaving my head down and facing everybody with a "lack" of hair and all of the questions that come with. So as already away from home, my girlfriend and I shall just move on again. I love this city, and I love my job, two other things I will regretably sacrifice.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.