Red dot on recepient after scab came off

I'm 11 days post op. This was literally the last scab on my recepient to come off, so I'd be a bit peeved if it's a case of a damaged or lost graft.

As pictured, you can see the red dots in the temple area. There was no bleeding or pain whatsoever but I'm still a bit worried as this never occurred with the other scabs. I was not using much force so I'm not sure.

Have sent to my HT doctor for review but keen to get some thoughts.

IMG_6913.JPG.3960d079ac7712610a6b5a72f8e041a6.JPG

Edited by bennyt89

• Moderators

Looks rather normal at this point. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but you can keep an eye on it to see if it spreads. If it does look like it's spreading out over the next few days then contact the Dr for possibly some antibiotics or at least his opinion, but at this point it looks normal.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Was there any heavy bleeding from it?...if not, it's probably not an issue.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Was there any heavy bleeding from it?...if not, it's probably not an issue.

No bleeding or pain whatsoever.

I sent the photo to my doc and it says it's just raw skin and no problem. (This was the biggest and most stubborn scab on the recepient so naturally was the last to come off)

Yep, the hair that came off with the scab/crust was just the graft hair that was shed with the scab....absolutely normal and par for the course.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Hey guys,

how do you start the count of days post op?, like 2 days session, Sunday and Monday, so when do you start the count?

thanks

If your last session was on the Monday, then I'd start from there.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

It doesn't look like a lost graft and it doesn't sound from your description that you lost a graft either. It's just mild inflammation and not uncommon. The follicle within the area of redness should be fine.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hey guys,

how do you start the count of days post op?, like 2 days session, Sunday and Monday, so when do you start the count?

thanks

You start the day following your procedure...:cool:

Gillenator