Help me fix my hair

Hello all,

First off, thanks for the many of you who have contributed to this forum, I've browsed for years. This is my first post.

I'll make this brief.. I had a FUT transplant in 2012 with Dr. Brett Bolton. Didn't really know what I was doing and was desperate. It was acceptable for a few years, but got worse and worse to the point where I decided to wear hair replacement systems last year to buy me time. What I mean by that is, I was applying heavy toppik to maintain normalcy and knew that I had finite time left, so I got setup with hair systems to keep the semi normal look.

Now, I want to get an FUE procedure. Been looking at turkey, mexico(not anymore), and US. I can't really afford anything over 6k. Maybe a little more. But I really only want a natural recession pattern, a al jude law/younger jason statham. I'm not looking for a full head of hair. Actually considering laser removing some of the grafts up front that are creating a doll-head problem.

I'd appreciate any advice and whether you guys think this is a good approach, and, if there are any doctors you'd recommend for this specifically. I'm looking to do a procedure in the next month or 2.

I've attached photos that show the type of coverage I'm thinking.

top.thumb.jpg.a6b4001f4fb2b9ba1c5c4984364196cf.jpg

top_areacoverage.thumb.jpg.830a0d1efbedb1fb11f6c0d844c5f984.jpg

top_sim_highlight.thumb.jpg.7ef29205f34857ffbd037ae2694f4601.jpg

top_sim.thumb.jpg.56765e41adf124f860249f193a0bb157.jpg

Ur situation is really difficult..’ .. ur nowrwood is really high.. what r ur expectations? I think u can get decent coverage, since ur donor seems average . But I’m not sure , u used quite a bit onto ur frontal area already . N didn’t get good coverage.. sometimes it’s better to shave it all off than just have ugly hair ,.. u have to make effort n see a good recommendend doctor n see what they can do for u.. if I was u personally , I be fine with it. We all gonna get older n eventually going to look unattractive with or without hair .. once we get older , we be graded on a curve :)

Legend, thanks for the response.. just want to perhaps clarify some things though. I think I'm close to being able to pull off a somewhat acceptable look using concealer. I've attached photos of what my hair looked like right before shaving the top.. with and without toppik. I basically am just wanting a little bit more for the toppik to grab onto, plus, for it to not look so unnatural without toppik

IMG_4685.jpg.4c79d58a9806f79aa27298b68156eef4.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg.b18f34b29763e871358e936f98a49c89.jpg

Damn ur hair looks better than I thought with that toppik .. looks pretty good on that 2nd pic .. go get surgery with a good doctor .. I have no opinion on docs .. u have to do that urself,. But yeah I think another tranksplant will help u a lot .. I can see some problems since ur hair is diffused thinning.. so get someone that can implant more hair without causing too much shock loss into ur current hair.. but u have hope though . U have an outline of a nice hairline .. just need to fill In current patches of loss hair.. I think u be just fine .. best wishes to u ..

A pretty amazing testament to the power of concealers!

The grafts from your previous work do look rather pluggy and obvious. Frankly it isn't very good work. I don't like pointing out these things, but you know it already. A procedure using maximum available grafts, done right, to give you density across the balding area would go a long way to improving things and making you less reliant on concealers. You state that you want FUE, but you might want to consider a second FUT procedure to give you maximum grafts.

Are you against a second FUT?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Man, so sorry to hear you go through this.

Definitely get multiple consults. See if you can get consults from FUE docs that do the surgical aspects of surgery themselves, which should include extractions.

This is one of the many pains of being a repair patient. You just want to move forward and to do so without any issues. Had it been done correctly, you would not be where you are today. It is complete bullshit what you are going through. I am waiting to get my life back. Hope you are able to proceed and your goals are addressed. Wish you the best.