Concealers, cap and tanning!

Is it ok to start using concealers ie dermtach and toppick 20 days after ht?

Concealers are going to be up from 8 in the morning till 9 at night, is that ok, will it effect growth? can dermtach be applied after rogaine (in the morning)?

What about wearing a cap, can i wear a cap 20 days after operation? all day that is? not a loosly fit cap but a normal one.

Lastly what about tanning, when can someone start tanning?

My thanks in advance

Is it ok to start using concealers ie dermtach and toppick 20 days after ht?

Concealers are going to be up from 8 in the morning till 9 at night, is that ok, will it effect growth? can dermtach be applied after rogaine (in the morning)?

What about wearing a cap, can i wear a cap 20 days after operation? all day that is? not a loosly fit cap but a normal one.

Lastly what about tanning, when can someone start tanning?

My thanks in advance

Hey Luke,

After 20 days toppik is just fine. Eneven after 10 days it is.

I wouldn't recommend dermamatch for a good month or two. Your scalp is still sensitive. And from my understanding, it is hard to get out.

As for the ball cap, I've worn one less than a week after a procedure. Just make sure it isn't tight. Enough to grab the brim and move it freely without tentsion should be fine.

Tanning, do not tan with your head exposed for about 6 months. If you tan, then cover your hair with a towel. That will be fine.

Luke1...I can answer a few of your questions.

The cap will be ok to wear normally after 20 days. I wore mine all day normally after 2 1/2 weeks.

The tanning, however, is different. My doctor advised me to cover my head when tanning until the 5 month mark. He said the rays can "kill" the grafts. We own a tanning bed and I'm almost 3 months post op so if I feel the need to lay in the tanning bed, I wear a shower cap to cover my head.

Yes you can use dermatch and toppiks 20 days after HT. I believe dermtach can be used with rogain, but I would do it at the same time because it might get messy. If so, you want to put rogain on first, then let it dry (even use a hairdryer on cool temp) before appling dermatch. However, Toppiks can be used at the same time of Rogaine-- just put Hiarspray on afterwords-- I do this all the time.

Tanning should not be done for the first 3-4 months because your new grafts are growing and you dont want any UV or sun dammage to ruin anthing. IF you must tan or go to a tanning bed, I would still wait a couple of months then cover my head with a thick towel to keep the rays off the scalp.

If an individual has to be in the sun for their profession or sports related, can they simply use a sun care product on the grafts with a high UV protection(banna boat,Hawaiian tropic,etc.) How about zinc oxide?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gunner1886

I used dermmatch for about 3 weeks, as well as using my topicals.

Guess what? I swear my hair got thinner while I was applying the dermmatch. I think it somehow stops the minox from absorbing like it should, despite what the company that makes dermmatch claim.

It did with mine.