Turkey

Jonboy81

Hi everyone, bit of a lurker. I have quite extensive hair loss and not on meds 36 years old, I also follow the “real self forum” and there seems to be a lot of similar hair loss cases to me on there and people have had a good transplant from a doctor in Turkey which I won’t name. After emailing the doctor they have replied back with quite extensive info. Now I know the saying if it’s too good to be true but the doctor is saying €2100 Euros for as many grafts whether it’s 2500 or 5000. Surely if someone had poor donor area (like I have) this wouldn’t be possible and they recommend another surgery a year later, but where would they get the grafts from? But looking at a lot of their clients who have near enough identical similar loss to me they’ve had some great work done using micro FUE surgery, And there is lots of people who have had it done off the doctor and their team... Any thoughts?

If you're a lurker you know the advice that is coming.

1. Don't skimp on a transplant, you get what you pay for. I would love to tell you that you can get a transplant for that cheap and it's going to be excellent, if that were the case we'd all be doing it, none of us wants to throw away money but we've seen what usually happens when people try to go bargain basement and it isn't pretty. There are options are that are reasonable( Bhatti, Erdogan, Nader), you don't have to go to the 10 dollar/euro per graft guy to get excellent work but you're not going to get away from spending some decent money, that is just the reality.

2. There are 2 clinics in Turkey that are consistently excellent, Erdogan and Keser, every one else is a toss up. You could end up with a solid transplant or a complete mess, you've got limited donors and you said yourself you have a poor donor, do you want to gamble, it is your hair on the line?

3. Get on meds, finasteride. Odds are you won't face any sides but if you do, then you know, get off but it only benefits you to be on them. The best course of action isn't keep transplanting, it's keep as many native hairs as you can.

4. Do you know where your progression pattern is headed, if you don't consult with a good doc and find out, find out how many donors you have, find out what percentage of your hair is a minaturized state. What is the progression level within your family, father, uncles etc Without this info you don't know if you're a good candidate for a transplant, you may find out that a transplant is just going to make matters worse, you may find that you don't have enough donors to keep up with hair loss that is coming, so you want to make any possible decisions with all the information available