Tricopigmentation not Fading out after 5 years.

Long time no see all:)

Maybe some of you guys will remember me but I was unactive in the forum for the last 5 years, simply because my hairloss issues become less compared to other things as business, graduation , almost-marriage etc..:) But now here I am with a question that I really need to be answered in order to get what I want with my trico from now on .

Before I tell about my story and problems , I will not blame anyone or any company. I have decided to do this, I took my full responsibility of it , it was decision that made me forget about my hairloss completely for 3 years. So what I'm seeking is not a "you did this to me" type of approach , just help for my situation.

Ok, my story begins from january 2013. After a year of research and decision-making, I have undergone into a tricopigmentation session with Beauty Medical in Milan , Italy. First 2 sessions was done in end of January by Alessandro Lardi. When I got back home and had a shower, all the trico had disappeared completely.

So, as the procedure goes as 2 days in a row and 1 session after a month, we have talked back with the clinic and decided to have 2 sessions instead of 1 because all the trico had faded out. Addingly, we went for a darker color, denser look.(my decision) After the sessions , I have achieved what I wanted.

And for 3 years , it was all fine. Please note that I have given an extra care to my trico areas; almost never contacted directly with sunlight , went to pool maybe 4-5 times in 3 years , and wore a hat in sunny days. So you can say that I did my part to take care of it pretty well.

However, my native hair shed in those years. So, trico both become unnatural in terms of with my native hair , and also it become very "defined" and "strong" in my look . Even though that's what I wanted 3 years ago, I started to become very unsatisfied with it. The very first reason to go with trico was the fact that it is non permanent. So I become panicked and thought there is something wrong with it and decided to contact with Beauty Medical again in early 2016.

After reaching out to them , Milena Lardi offered me "negative treatment" , which is done with the skin-color pigments in order to reduce the darkness and make trico softer. It seemed great idea to me because I wanted my trico to become "nearly- invisible" , to a point that only a careful eye could notice , not for a full head of hair look . (I still do want that.) So we started the "negative " sessions in February 2016 and I had my last session 15 days ago, almost a 2 year-process.

At this 2 year process, the darkness of the trico reduced significantly. I became less worried about it , the naturality has achieved. However, when we start the negative sessions, it was expected that the dark spots that have done in 2013 would also disappear in its natural course, meaning that all of this should be gone by now, but they haven't. In my opinion, only process was made with the negative pigments and black pigments stayed nearly the same.

So today, I am at the point of without any unnaturality on my head , but still want it to a point where it is nearly invisible. The treatment of negative pigments would never cover up black pigments completely ,as said from Beauty Medical. Also the care for the pigments continues with the negative ones meaning that you should protect it from UV, pool etc.

I have done my research with anyone who experienced similar/same situation with me and found nothing. Language is a big barrier since I don't know any Italian.

What I am looking is what to do to make my trico fade out completely(or become barely visible) . I don't know the chemical component of the pigments, which skin layer they are applied at, and what causes fading and what not. As I see, there are now plenty of clinics using the exact same method that I have done , and also patient database become larger in 5 years. I have mailed to Ahead Ink and Shapiro Medical and so far no reply. I am not considering laser treatment, since this tricopigmentation is non- permanent and I don't want any scars on my head.

For my research for fading out , Milena suggested products that contain glycolic acid. She didn't give a specific product name. I have seen that both tca and glycolic acid works with tattoos, also there are lots of tattoo removal creams in the market . I haven't bought anything and applied nothing so far.

So, this started to become a problem for me . I am 31 years old now, and when I first done my trico , I didn't expect to last this long. I really appreciate anyone with an help/advice with a treatment, product, regimen etc. Sorry for the long post, good to see you all again :)

Long time no see all:)

Maybe some of you guys will remember me but I was unactive in the forum for the last 5 years, simply because my hairloss issues become less compared to other things as business, graduation , almost-marriage etc..:) But now here I am with a question that I really need to be answered in order to get what I want with my trico from now on .

Before I tell about my story and problems , I will not blame anyone or any company. I have decided to do this, I took my full responsibility of it , it was decision that made me forget about my hairloss completely for 3 years. So what I'm seeking is not a "you did this to me" type of approach , just help for my situation.

Ok, my story begins from january 2013. After a year of research and decision-making, I have undergone into a tricopigmentation session with Beauty Medical in Milan , Italy. First 2 sessions was done in end of January by Alessandro Lardi. When I got back home and had a shower, all the trico had disappeared completely.

So, as the procedure goes as 2 days in a row and 1 session after a month, we have talked back with the clinic and decided to have 2 sessions instead of 1 because all the trico had faded out. Addingly, we went for a darker color, denser look.(my decision) After the sessions , I have achieved what I wanted.

And for 3 years , it was all fine. Please note that I have given an extra care to my trico areas; almost never contacted directly with sunlight , went to pool maybe 4-5 times in 3 years , and wore a hat in sunny days. So you can say that I did my part to take care of it pretty well.

However, my native hair shed in those years. So, trico both become unnatural in terms of with my native hair , and also it become very "defined" and "strong" in my look . Even though that's what I wanted 3 years ago, I started to become very unsatisfied with it. The very first reason to go with trico was the fact that it is non permanent. So I become panicked and thought there is something wrong with it and decided to contact with Beauty Medical again in early 2016.

After reaching out to them , Milena Lardi offered me "negative treatment" , which is done with the skin-color pigments in order to reduce the darkness and make trico softer. It seemed great idea to me because I wanted my trico to become "nearly- invisible" , to a point that only a careful eye could notice , not for a full head of hair look . (I still do want that.) So we started the "negative " sessions in February 2016 and I had my last session 15 days ago, almost a 2 year-process.

At this 2 year process, the darkness of the trico reduced significantly. I became less worried about it , the naturality has achieved. However, when we start the negative sessions, it was expected that the dark spots that have done in 2013 would also disappear in its natural course, meaning that all of this should be gone by now, but they haven't. In my opinion, only process was made with the negative pigments and black pigments stayed nearly the same.

So today, I am at the point of without any unnaturality on my head , but still want it to a point where it is nearly invisible. The treatment of negative pigments would never cover up black pigments completely ,as said from Beauty Medical. Also the care for the pigments continues with the negative ones meaning that you should protect it from UV, pool etc.

I have done my research with anyone who experienced similar/same situation with me and found nothing. Language is a big barrier since I don't know any Italian.

What I am looking is what to do to make my trico fade out completely(or become barely visible) . I don't know the chemical component of the pigments, which skin layer they are applied at, and what causes fading and what not. As I see, there are now plenty of clinics using the exact same method that I have done , and also patient database become larger in 5 years. I have mailed to Ahead Ink and Shapiro Medical and so far no reply. I am not considering laser treatment, since this tricopigmentation is non- permanent and I don't want any scars on my head.

For my research for fading out , Milena suggested products that contain glycolic acid. She didn't give a specific product name. I have seen that both tca and glycolic acid works with tattoos, also there are lots of tattoo removal creams in the market . I haven't bought anything and applied nothing so far.

So, this started to become a problem for me . I am 31 years old now, and when I first done my trico , I didn't expect to last this long. I really appreciate anyone with an help/advice with a treatment, product, regimen etc. Sorry for the long post, good to see you all again :)

Why don't you post some good, clear photos of what your scalp looks like now. All the way around, front, rear and both sides.

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

This thread brings up an interesting dynamic I had never considered.

Is temporary SMP possibly actually a plus for non-shave down patients that are looking for SMP as a way to get thinning areas to look more full?

Permanent SMP offers the no fade, no re-do factor which at first glance seems like a plus....and probably is a plus for guys that go with the shave down look.

But for non-shaved guys using SMP to give a more dense look in thinning areas could permanent SMP not be the best choice?....Because what if a guy that starts out with permanent SMP to disguise a small balding crown....then 10-15 years down the line his bald crown grows significantly...to the point where he is out of grafts and wants to just go with a bald crown and keep his other areas full...like the frontal area full.....couldn't a large balding crown with permanent SMP in a small circle look ridiculous? and if you added more permanent SMP to the new larger bald crown area that might look ridiculous too with longer hair on sides and front?

Thoughts?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hi Azazelgs,

Sorry for not replying to your email, I wasn't ignoring you, it was sitting in my spam folder (see attached photo below).

Yes I do recall speaking to you a few years ago but don't really remember all of our conversation. You can remove Trico with a laser, however you want to do your due diligence and find a qualified technician.

Shampoo,

From what clients report to me many permanent SMP clinics actually do not offer Thickening procedures and will turn them away. Even with temporary/Trico I usually require that the client be mostly transplanted, on meds, or that there is no evidence of advanced thinning happening any time soon especially if we are going to take an aggressive approach.

IMG_2497.thumb.jpg.8291f008341de0801d29d45998adbbf1.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

thanks hairthere for the insight and cautious approach into SMP used as a "thickening"method

hairthere...can you elaborate on the "fading" of SMP?

Remember I am thinking the "fading could be a plus" in the event someone after crown SMP thickening were to start losing quite a bit more hair in the crown.

When SMP "fades" if it is not touched up....will it eventually completely disappear so the original thin spot would blend in with the expanded crown bald spot?

Hey Shampoo,

Correct, the pigments in Beauty Medical Brand Tricopigmentation are designed to not just fade but disappear completely from the system. This happens for two reasons:

1) The pigments are only injected at .5mm (upper dermis). This is a superficial injection and some of the pigment will simply exfoliate out with layers of skin.

2) The way the pigments are composed contributes to the other half of the disappearing equation. If you were to take Beauty medical pigment and put it under a microscope you'd see that the particles which comprise it are all perfectly round in shape and 15 microns in size. This is due to the pigment going through a stringent filtration process. These particles are small enough to be expelled by the body's cell defense system through natural processes. In contrast, if you look at tattoo pigments under a microscope you'll see all different shapes and sizes of 20+ microns. The tattoo pigment is designed to sit in the dermis because the particles cannot be expelled.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hairthere,

thanks for the replies; both for pm and thread. However, as you can see from my photos, the fading is minimal to none even after 5 years.

I am not here to offend anyone, clinic , company but I still think all of the clinincs, studios, companies that use this product should have an "answer" to a case like me , without offering laser treatment. I signed up for this knowing that this is NON-permanent treatment and I just seek for help right now, nothing else. And by this, I'm asking for some specific usage/regimen that i can use without having any social in complications.

All thoughts are well appreciated.