how long should one wait before second procedure?

It depends, if you are going back into the same transplanted area 10-14 months is acceptable.

If your transplanting a completely different area maybe 8-10 months (strip)

The same above applies for FUE with the exception that if going into a new area --- a couple of months should be fine--just depends on how often you want to shave down.

Hope this is what your looking for,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

If your transplanting a completely different area maybe 5-6 months (strip)

Jason - I was interested to read this statement. I have seen some comments from other long-term members about this. They say that you should really wait close to a year even for different areas mainly so that the laxity can come back, also so the first HT can fully grow in to assess the head as a whole and how a further HT should address it. I can definitely see the attraction of less down-time but surely there is more of a risk of scar-stretch?

Is there any difference for wait times between different areas that are next to the originally transplanted area(e.g. temples to hairline) and ones that are apart e.g. (hairline and crown)?

I have edited my post to say 8-10 months--which is what it should have read in the first place.

It is certainly feasible in certain situations to go back in 5-6 months later, but generally speaking it is better to wait at least 8-10months.

Good catch on that imiss, it was an error on my part (still working on low brain cells after finals icon_biggrin.gif)

Anyway, the longer you wait between surgery is certainly going to benefit you by allowing full healing, full growth of the transplanted hair, and an opportunity to do scalp exercises.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.