what type should i do?

going to have my consultation. what type of balding do i have? norwood 3?

how many grafts do i need? actually my middle front is also thinning and at the crown. it gets thin when my hair gets oily.

26907165_10155572188818172_9113496699013439406_n.jpg.5f9eae2a86bb1f01604418ab7a42256c.jpg

19554611_10155572189608172_2478759022564620446_n.jpg.448816bd72d9a27bef1565a119d12391.jpg

26907438_10155572189538172_3973726539887806564_n.jpg.e2fe73969ae2092262ed05c6d354eebd.jpg

26993673_10155572189248172_314732177482435844_n.jpg.967ed84578e761d674270a6199ce9f64.jpg

Edited by gojira35
more pics

I see a NW3 pattern of hairline recession, but you have a more advanced pattern emerging. Your photo plus your description tell me that.

It would help to see more photos from different angles.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I see a NW3 pattern of hairline recession, but you have a more advanced pattern emerging. Your photo plus your description tell me that.

It would help to see more photos from different angles.

appreciate the response. so going to NW4? this really kills my self esteem.

so how many grafts should i need? im considering hair transplant :(

You have thinning into the vertex and I can't see the crown clearly but I'd say a NW 4 or maybe higher.

This is advanced hairloss so you should carefully research your options including going with FUT first to maximum lifetime available donor supply (if the FUT scar is not something that would greatly bother you with your regular hair length).

I would also research medications such as Fin, including possible side effects, and if you were to address your hairloss in a surgery I would address the hairline and frontal third first, then have a second procedure for the mid scalp and crown area.

You will be looking at 5,00-6,000 grafts or maybe slightly higher for full restoration, but a solid 3,800 graft procedure in the frontal area with an elite surgeon (the ones I recommend are in my signature) would go a long way at framing your face especially if the forelock hair is permanent and can be used for the framing.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

You have thinning into the vertex and I can't see the crown clearly but I'd say a NW 4 or maybe higher.

This is advanced hairloss so you should carefully research your options including going with FUT first to maximum lifetime available donor supply (if the FUT scar is not something that would greatly bother you with your regular hair length).

I would also research medications such as Fin, including possible side effects, and if you were to address your hairloss in a surgery I would address the hairline and frontal third first, then have a second procedure for the mid scalp and crown area.

You will be looking at 5,00-6,000 grafts or maybe slightly higher for full restoration, but a solid 3,800 graft procedure in the frontal area with an elite surgeon (the ones I recommend are in my signature) would go a long way at framing your face especially if the forelock hair is permanent and can be used for the framing.

crown is kinda thinning.

oh thank you. wow that is a lot. so 3000 in the first procedure?

i don't want to do fin. not an option for me. afraid of erectile dysfunction and fertility issues about it.

I would guess that a NW5 pattern is emerging but can't be sure without seeing more photos. Even with photos nobody can be absolutely certain of how far your hairloss will progress.

Do an image search for "Norwood scale" and see where you think you fit. Notice that not all crown balding is the same. Sometimes it drops down at the back, making it very visible from behind, sometimes it doesn't.

I think you'd be looking at a procedure of around 4000 grafts, starting from the front and working back. There's quite a lot of area to cover considering that you're thin from the front right back through the midscalp and into your crown. This means a lot of grafts are needed for coverage and density.

It would help to see you from above and from the back.

• Administrators

The question is not “where are you” it’s “where are you headed” I can say that even with the hairstyle you have trying to conceal it, you are a Norwood 5, if you were to shave your head you would see the pattern clear as day, I would assume to be Norwood 6 in your older age, you must plan so accordingly. If you don’t want to take finasteride try minoxidil, Keto shampoos, you have to try and preserve what you have. Lastly, consider shaving, try it out, you’d be surprised by how many guys regret not shaving their heads initially, I did it, I realized it wasn’t for me, but had I never shaved I’d still be thinking what if. I’d explore that option first before resorting to hair transplantation.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Lastly, consider shaving, try it out, you’d be surprised by how many guys regret not shaving their heads initially, I did it, I realized it wasn’t for me, but had I never shaved I’d still be thinking what if. I’d explore that option first before resorting to hair transplantation.

This is the best damn advice some of us often don't readily give as the site is basically about discussing the details on how to proceed with hair restoration.

However, this is important advice from a highly respected member on here who has been through it all you should really consider before proceeding with a HT.

Shave it and see if you can live with that look, you might be surprised and it could be the cheapest and wisest decision.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'm guessing that this kind of news isn't very nice for you, gojira35, but we're being honest with you. I know that people have a tendency to underestimate how advanced their own hairloss is and it is often those overhead angles (angles that we don't normally see ourselves) that show us more than we wish to see.

I guarantee that you'll look better with your cut short. It always looks better than the long-but-thin style. So I agree that you should try this before moving forward with a transplant. You could get a very nice result with a transplant, but it's worth trying the buzz cut first.

wow this is really depressing if i'm really headed to norwood 6. just had a consultation from 3 doctors. they said im currently border norwood 3 to 4. will need 2500 grafts if FUT or 2000 grafts if FUE. all said the same thing and will just cover the frontal parts. they won't touch my crown area until it gets thinner. 2 clinics i visited suggested me to get the platelet rich plasma just to thicken my crown. they think it could save it. if not, then do a 2nd transplant after 5 years or when necessary.

what do you think of PRP or platelet rich plasma?

im just scared with propecia as it could affect my sexual drive. how about saw palmetto? read it that it is a safer alternative.

appreciate the responses here

also added more pics. my hair is oily with coconut oil.

26992253_10155584144348172_6881807457678523532_n.jpg.19fe6b4e6fad16015c61573a79b4dd06.jpg

26993951_10155584144663172_576391833869615704_n.jpg.b47ccec420f7f61aa22ba6d411e0cdbd.jpg

5b32f8d94990e_27067379_10155584144758172_2084940235799132967_n(1).jpg.6b25d432edef22e83efcbd7ce02de299.jpg

27540665_10155584145118172_3018998410213136937_n.jpg.00c1977aeb5ebe556c45371225e249b3.jpg

• Administrators

The pictures don’t lie, all of the hair on the top is miniaturizing, eventually that hair will no longer grow and you’ll be a Norwood 5, if the crown expands which it looks like it will you’ll be a Norwood 6. You are what’s called a diffused thinner, I was in this category also, I always thought I was a Norwood 3 until I shaved and saw all of the hair on the top was thin, and the demarcation line was clear as to where my pattern would be, this is a tough pill to swallow but it is reality, you have to plan accordingly based on your level now and where you’ll be in the future.

You are likely to require several hair transplants in the future, if you can live with a shaved head that’s the best alternative, if you haven’t at least tried it do it. If you do and realize you hate it, well then now you’ll be better equipped to deal with the reality of your hair loss. You’d be surprised the number of PMs I get from guys who now shave their head and want to get rid of the scarring, Joe Rogan famously comes to mind, he had several transplants in the 90’s and now shaves his head. I’m not trying to scare you away from hair transplants obviously I’ve had three and it’s changed my life, but I knew exactly what I was getting myself in to, and I shaved my head for a year to see if I could live with myself, only then did I want to do surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

going to have my consultation. what type of balding do i have? norwood 3?

how many grafts do i need? actually my middle front is also thinning and at the crown. it gets thin when my hair gets oily.

Gojira35, You seem to show a potential 4A pattern, but time and your family history of hair loss will tell. What are your goals?

Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

im 35 now, started losing hair when i was 28. but only taking minoxidil. took some Propecia, just a few doses but i stopped due to its concerns.

well hoping to get thicker hair esp in the front. i think my dad most of his hair in his 70s, but still have some hair left in front and back. norwood 4 at least. my started earlier

planning to take biotin, gelatin after post op.

what are your thoughts on platelet rich plasma? they would perform 3 sessions for me.