Thinking about Rogaine/Propecia after HT

memzinla

I'm 30 years old. I just had a hair transplant 10 days ago with Dr. Nader. I wanted to fill in the widow's peaks. Looking back at pictures I've had widow's peaks since I was in the early 20s. I haven't noticed any irregular hair loss. My hair seems good, but it's very thin now. It used to be thick when I was younger. I've been thinking about Rogaine and propecia just to thicken up my hair. I'm very scared of the side effects though.

I'm mostly scared of gyno, and gaining weight. I lost 90 pounds, and had a tummy tuck. I'm traumatized about gaining weight. Are there any other side effects? If I stop using the products will I go back to how I am now?

What do you recommend after a HT?

I recommend preventative proven medications: 5% or higher rogaine and finasteride or dutasteride.

Simple as. Baldness is progressive. You just paid good money for cosmetic surgery.

I don't think there are any verifiable studies that show minoxidil or fin/dut having any side effects of weight gain that is statistically signifcant.

The gyno (if it ever happened) would be short-term and not permanent if you stopped if noticed.

Go with the science rather than what you are concerned 'might happen.'

I didn’t know that gyno was temporary. :o I can’t imagine what I would look like if my hair did become thicker.

Where does one obtain Finasteride from? How much does it cost? I know there’s Hims now.

You'll need a prescription for Finasteride. It is extremely cheap. You can get generic at costco or Walmart for like $8 for a 30 day supply that is 5mg. You will need a pill splitter to split it in quarters because you probably should only take a quarter a day just starting out. I have taken Finasteride for several years and moved on to Dutasteride, which seems more effective for me. Don't get it from an out of country online supplier because you don't know if it is legit... If you want a real prescription and don't want to deal with a doctor face to face every time you need to renew your prescription use https://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com/. Her website is completely outdated, but she is a legit doc and will phone in a script anywhere you want for a 50.00 online consultation. I've used her for 2 years. Not trying to promote her just passing on what I've learned...

• 2 weeks later...