Toppik question

altair

I had my HT last friday on my hairline to about four inches back. My crown is still very bare but I do have some very fine hair back there. How much hair is needed in order to use toppik? Does anyone have any pics after using this product?

I had my HT last friday on my hairline to about four inches back. My crown is still very bare but I do have some very fine hair back there. How much hair is needed in order to use toppik? Does anyone have any pics after using this product?

thanks! I was just curious because I'm thinking about giving toppik a try, and I really'd like to see photos with toppik applied.

Well, but I've got really short hair... buzzed to 3mm because I just couldn't stand the look of my hair anymore. And now I'm not sure if it even stays on with such short hair. I have got some fine hair left in my temples so I could be lucky...

thanks socialdrinker, that really helped to clear alot of questions...

but one thing's still bothering me: can you run your fingers through your hair without rubbing it all off? As I said I buzzed my hair to 3mm and alot of people, especially girls icon_smile.gif, seem to fancy short hair 'cause they just won't stop running their hands all over my head...

actually, yes. but there are some considerations:

1) with couvre, you have to make sure the stuff on your head is dry. this stuff comes out looking alot like artists' paint, just not as watery, so give it a couple of hours at least before running your fingers through it. a quicker way to alleviate this is to have what i have : a"couvre towel". what this is, is just an old towel that i dont mind gettting all brown from the couvre that i have applied on my head and i use it to "fluff up" my hair before i apply the Toppik, and also to wipe away any clumpy spots or whatnot. youll find that this helps one heck of alot.

2) after the couvre has dried and youve "fluffed up" the hair, youre ready to put the toppik on. I have never used the "fiberhold spray", but it may really work well. Ive found that after ive applied the toppik evenly and patted it down, i use a different part (i.e. clean) part of my "couvre towel" to lightly fluff up the hair again. this is AFTER i patted the Toppik in and ive given it a few minutes to "take hold". What i find this does is to get rid of the excess that may fall off and misconstrued as weird, brown dandruff.

after that and about an hour of "cushion" between letting someone touch your head and you should be good to go. I think that your hair should be longer than 3 mm , for very good results, however. I would suggest at least a good inch.

good luck, i hope this answered some of your questions.

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog