My good experience with Dr Suneet Soni, Jaipur, India

aroravikas

Hello friends,

I’ve been dwelling on the forums here for about a year and let me first of all thanks to all and a specially the moderators of hair restoration! It’s amazing what difference all your contributions make both in researching the topic of hair transplant and finding the best matching doctor for your need. Again, thank you!

In the same spirit, I’d like to give something back. My hair transplant experience- FUT procedure performed by Dr Suneet Soni of Medispa. I’m writing after a year of my procedure. So, I might forget some details, but I’ll try to be as accurate as I can remember.

I’m 41 years old and have had hair loss since my late twenties. To be honest it didn’t bother me so much until one or two years ago, as one day, I realized that the “comb-over” was part of my daily routine; I had to use a lot of topical hair fibers and always be worry of where I’d go out so it’s not too windy. In short, I had become self-aware of the fact that I have some very clear receding hairline and hair went disappear from almost all over the scalp. In fact, by the time; I had some optional treatment like PRP, but all turned into a uniformly receded hairline that was still persisted! After 5-7 years the problem of my hair loss started bothering me. That’s when; I started researching hair transplant and found out that the FUT is a method which yields greater output with minimal scarring if Trichophytic closure and the results greatly depend on the quality of the surgeon and team performing the procedure.

Coincidentally, about the same time, I had a chat with a friend who was already thinking about a hair transplant and he told me he would do it in Jaipur. So, I started web surfing and initially found some websites which performed FUT with great results (for my self-diagnosed Norwood level) with 4000+ grafts or so. It seemed at the time quite reasonable, but thankfully I researched it a bit more and found many reviews and opinions which made me understand that it’s really a worthless to waste (limited) donor capacity in the wrong hands and I should look for a more experienced surgeon. That’s how I found this site and forum and after reading many reviews by both patients and clinics I decided on Dr Suneet Soni, which the online research showed to be one of the top doctors in the world, with some frankly amazing results.

So, I was booked in for 11th of December and the wait began. I must mention that from the start I was in contact with Medispa professionals, which has been totally awesome. They were very responsive to e-mails, very forthcoming with information and very patience with my endless questions. With such a good initial impression I was feeling reassured already and looking forward to my procedure experience.

On the day of procedure, I rose up early in the morning and had a big breakfast, was then picked up by the clinical staffs, who taken me into the procedural chamber. After changing into a surgical gown I had a small break on an interior gallery and met Dr Suneet Soni.

At long last, the show got on the road: I was taken to the surgery area and sat onto the procedural chair. The clinic area was quite favorable for the surgical job with the maintenance of cleanliness and hygienic surroundings. I met the Surgeon and sat down on operating chair for taking the procedure.

The first part of the day was the extraction of the grafts. First I got the anesthetic injections in the back of the head. It was not a difficult step as they dislocated the pain by using the ice bags and injection went without leaving any kind of pain or discomfort. The good thing is it’s over pretty quickly (1 min or less) and then it all goes numb. For the extraction part you have to sit on chair by lying down your head to support the strip harvesting process. The extraction of the strip was done by Doctor and sent them to the dissection room. The dissection process was done by the technicians under Dr Suneet Soni’s supervision. The technicians were very professional and also super-effective, I could really feel they’ve been doing it a while. About 12 o’clock the harvesting of grafts was done and I proceeded to lunch break. They have offered me lunch with a good packaging of love and affection.

After lunch, the implantation step was begun. Dr Suneet Soni came in and after some jokes and banter he started doing the slitting, which all were done by him, as this is, if I understand correctly, the “art” part of the whole procedure, getting the grafts implanted at the correct angles so as to achieve a perfectly natural look. The slitting took about 1-2 hours, after which the implantation started, which lasted until about 5 o’clock. During this second part I had to lie down, which was a lot more comfortable and I even dozed off from time to time.

In the end, after the implantation was done, the donor area was closed with the Trichophytic closure, as it’s not allowed to move or touch the grafts in any way so soon.

The rest of the evening was uneventful; I had no pain and just had to be careful for the slipping posture. Next morning, received the first head wash at the clinic by receiving some instructions for further head wash which needed to be continue for next 2 weeks.

After a year of my Procedure:

It’s been a year to get my procedure and now I am enjoying my life with a transformed looks that is not less than a boon. I have achieved what I desire for and yes, that gone true with Medispa. My head is full of hair and it is hard to believe that it is transplanted hair or not! The hairline is so natural and perfectly suited to my personality. I am giving 10 out of 10 for the Surgeon’s perfection of doing the job with so much artistic touch and result no need to say is quite appreciable.

I received 4200 grafts that successfully covered my top, front and the crown area with a good density and given me an undetectable hairline and is too natural to show.

Thank you Dr Suneet and the entire Medispa team for making my dream come true.

The rest will tell by my photographs attached below:

Do have a look…..

1.jpg.282056a43042a082828d175a4c7dac63.jpg

2.jpg.a7ef21bf89e529a77b5a54428ff9345a.jpg

3.jpg.742dde8516058105a7a8faaf56657783.jpg

4.jpg.3fb404591a46739cfee0ff94c11faeac.jpg

5.jpg.8fd732c5fa9ad686341e5b0e3e95b246.jpg

6.jpg.bfb3b061492c1bf3807794cbf4337459.jpg

7.jpg.59f08b793ab382a847a59c2af35aa579.jpg

8.jpg.a4c9efcf9786436523a9729f37950061.jpg

I don't do long writeups but I'll do mine now (after 9 months) because I can PERSONALLY vouch for this clinic - they did my 4,500 FUT & 500 FUE in March '17

I am very critical of surgeons that are not up to par and if you real alot of my posts I enjoy challenging the ones that I believe are lazy and behind the times and simply are resting on their laurels.

Dr. Soni ain't that kind of guy.

What a work ethic and he's a sharp competent artistic very experienced surgeon w/excellent training. He's in his prime in his 40's and although I like to draw out other people's personalities in real life and be a bit provocative - he was completely professional throughout me hanging out w/him and his staff for multiple days.

Top-notch German dissecting microscopes, well-trained stable group of 10+ techs and all male surgical staff. Very clean operating theatre w/all modern equipment.

The clinic is run like a fine-tuned machine. There is no waste of time and they just get things done and will work late to do proper work (I finished up at 9:30pm after starting around 7 or 7:30am) - but had plenty of breaks for a 5K graft surgery (4.5K FUT & 500 FUE).

Very good anesthesia techniques for being cut into for up to 14 hours. A bit of pressure in the last few hours but no real pain. They are good about that and are ready to keep you comfortable.

I stayed at his clinic (he lives on the top floor so he is hands-on) for 3 days in a nice room w/food delivered as well.

I'm not really a huge fan of India but I was a tourist for 3 weeks before surgery and became a HUGE fan. It's so diverse and interesting.

I went there for surgery and to get a high # of grafts w/excellent trichophytic closure techniques and to literally save 75% off USA retail and I was on my way to Hong Kong and Shenzhen China to visit with my best friend for another month or so after my surgery.

I could have paid USA retail prices for less grafts in one FUT surgery - but what for?

I also researched every major hair surgeon in India and Dr. Soni's techniques/yield/# of grafts in one sitting and training were at the top of the list of a few other well-qualified hair surgeons in India.

I know good surgeons, world-class surgeons and have done consultations with at least 10 of them.

One of my previous FUT surgeries (2,250) was w/Dr. Feller in 2004 so my surgery in India was definitely well researched.

Dr. Soni's wife does excellent cosmetic dentristy on site as well; so a family business if you will.

His staff of consultants are really cool as well. Great guys.

India guys are so friendly and nice and speak enough English that it was a pleasure hanging at Dr. Soni's clinic for 3 days.

It was a bit hot for this white boy though in late March it was already 95 degrees out in Jaipur!! Haha.

I'll be going back after 18 months from my surgery. I've lost a great deal of weight since my surgery (I am 6 foot 2 and was 270lbs for my surgery - I'm now under 200lbs and would like to finalize my weight at about 175lbs by end of summer 2018) and feel like I have enough laxity for another FUT surgery and may do a bit more FUE as well.

I'll have Dr. Soni evaluate and see what he can do for me in September/October of '18.

I'll have him retake photos then (2 month hair grown out pre-surgery to 2 month hair grown out 18 months later) and post them here.

I do have extremely fine bone straight low caliber thickness hair so for my German/Swedish hair genetics I require well over 10K grafts and ultimately I'll end up with about 16K (I'm at 8.5K now) to get a result I'm happy with as I make my way into my early 50's and beyond due to every single male member in my family on both sides being Norwood 6 or 7's.

I'll finish off my hair transplant journey in late 2019 or early 2020 and max out the rest of my donor w/ 5-6K of FUE's.

I am not sure who I will have do my final FUE surgeries but my last small FUE will probably be w/Konior or Hasson or Gabel (500-750 grafts) to perfect and refine the very frontal hairline I want to live with the rest of my life.

Then I'll finally get temporary SMP probably from Ahead Hair Ink so I don't have to use Prothik or Dermatch or any fibers.

I don't currently use them that often anyway but wouldn't mind the 'shadow' effect to negate the difference in hair to scalp color of my brownish auburn hair against my super white/pale scalp color.

Edited by jjsrader

• 2 months later...

I went there for surgery and to get a high # of grafts w/excellent trichophytic closure techniques and to literally save 75% off USA retail and I was on my way to Hong Kong and Shenzhen China to visit with my best friend for another month or so after my surgery.

I could have paid USA retail prices for less grafts in one FUT surgery - but what for?

color.

Can you share the price per graft he charged? I can't find that anywhere. I believe he has standard rate for everyone?

Yea; I paid $1 USD per graft (4,500 FUT) in March '17 & I paid $2 USD per graft (500 FUE) in March '17

Extra $500 USD for the pre-screening medical bloodwork & misc. w/ 1-2 night stay at his clinic in Jaipur w/meals included.

I had surgery on a Friday and stayed at his clinic Thur/Fri/Sat night (stayed an extra night 'cause he doesn't do surgery on Sunday & he was leaving on vacation that day w/his wife).

I'll be doing what will probably be my last FUT with him again in Nov/Dec of '18 (19-21 months from my initial surgery with him).

Edited by jjsrader

I'll have him take pics before my 2nd surgery with him showing my hair at 2 months growth to match what my hair growth was pre-1st surgery.

Going back in December of '18.

He charged me $2/per graft. Wonder if his rates have changed.