Suggestions on HT approach (pics included)

hairlossPA

Hi everyone. I am in the early stages of planning for a hair transplant. I would like the community's suggestion on technique, doctors, approach, etc...

I was planning on FUE and possibly Erdogan in Turkey. I want to be able to keep my hair short and don't want to risk a scar. The scalp is definitely thin, but I guess I can cover more of it when my hair grows out longer. My hairline is pretty much gone and the vertex is thin. And I know I should get on finasteride ASAP.

Can I get this all done in 1 go do you think? I've been quoted at 3000-3500 grafts from Dr. Cinik in Turkey, but I am still leaning towards Erdogan.

IMG_3806_1.thumb.JPG.f167aaf7216187df2400ad9f63962033.JPG

IMG_3802_2.thumb.JPG.ede60b3d9aa98afd165e561a8253df9d.JPG

Since your balding/thinning extends back into the crown you will require more than that graft amount for a full restoration.

I would therefore concentrate on the hairline and frontal third with roughly that graft amount (trying to cover the entire area in one pass will require much more grafts and would be best left for a second pass.)

Since you have lost most of your hairline as you stated, dense packing a newly drawn hairline would be optimal about the same height as your current hairline height or maybe even lower a tad bit. This would give you a densely framed hairline and then the doc will be able to fill in the area behind this. The reason I mention a tad lower is so that they can dense pack aggressively without you worrying about "losing" your current hairline which may make you hesitate psychologically, and it also makes the dense packing easier if done into virgin scalp. You can discuss the actual height with your surgeon.

For density approach in terms of grafts/cm2 read this as a reference.

You want to address zones A and B as mentioned in the article.

<from Dr. Lorenzo a world renown FUE surgeon>

http://www.injertocapilar.com/English/density.htm

Your donor looks fairly decent so I don't think a clinic will reject you but at least give Fin a try after researching about the possible side effects.

As someone who experienced a failed transplant years ago (at Bosley) I don't fuck around with iffy type of recommendations, go with Erdogan or another elite world-class surgeon.

The other surgeon may produce some nice results but is more known for cheap price than elite level type of results.

good luck in your research

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'm an FUE advocate and have had two surgeries and over 7,000 grafts. 3,000 grafts is a long day for you and the doctor but very do-able. Strip surgery provides very good results but I just didn't want that lengthy permanent scar on the back of my head. Sure...I have many tiny scars from FUE but they are discernible, even with a nearly shaved head. Best of luck on your decision. Make sure you post pictures for us to see after the surgery.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Since your balding/thinning extends back into the crown you will require more than that graft amount for a full restoration.

I would therefore concentrate on the hairline and frontal third with roughly that graft amount (trying to cover the entire area in one pass will require much more grafts and would be best left for a second pass.)

Since you have lost most of your hairline as you stated, dense packing a newly drawn hairline would be optimal about the same height as your current hairline height or maybe even lower a tad bit. This would give you a densely framed hairline and then the doc will be able to fill in the area behind this. The reason I mention a tad lower is so that they can dense pack aggressively without you worrying about "losing" your current hairline which may make you hesitate psychologically, and it also makes the dense packing easier if done into virgin scalp. You can discuss the actual height with your surgeon.

For density approach in terms of grafts/cm2 read this as a reference.

You want to address zones A and B as mentioned in the article.

<from Dr. Lorenzo a world renown FUE surgeon>

density

Your donor looks fairly decent so I don't think a clinic will reject you but at least give Fin a try after researching about the possible side effects.

As someone who experienced a failed transplant years ago (at Bosley) I don't fuck around with iffy type of recommendations, go with Erdogan or another elite world-class surgeon.

The other surgeon may produce some nice results but is more known for cheap price than elite level type of results.

good luck in your research

awesome article about density. thanks a ton hsrp10