A question for dr. rahal reps

goodwally

Got a question for rahal reps here. Wanna know if rahal works on diffuse hair. A friend suggets I consult a doc who specializes in diffuse hair for my case. Still got some hair on top. Needing extra transplants there. Wanna know if rahal can work inside that area to add transplants. But not affect the hairs I already got there.

Got to know. Thanks.

Thanks for your question @goodwally

We see many patients with "diffuse" pattern hair loss. It is a more challenging pattern of hair loss to treat with a hair transplant (in some cases) as the risk of permanent shock loss can be elevated.

If it's too early for a hair transplant, we have alternative options such as Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) or 3D SMP that have offered huge improvements in terms of adding visual density for our patients. These can be great alternatives until a hair transplant becomes a better option.

The best place to start is with a free consultation to get Dr. Rahal's recommendation. Every patient is unique, and he will design a personalized hair loss treatment plan to give you the best long term solution(s) to your hair loss.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

Thanks for your question @goodwally

We see many patients with "diffuse" pattern hair loss. It is a more challenging pattern of hair loss to treat with a hair transplant (in some cases) as the risk of permanent shock loss can be elevated.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

So answer is most likely it depends. Just depends on the level of diffuse hair.

Would you suggest a good dr. that specializes in the diffuse hair?

The big factor in how it depends, patient to patient, is in density. If the hair is still quite full then there simply isn't enough space to transplant hairs safely. The closer the incisions are to existing hairs, the greater the risk of damaging them.

Even procedures that are purely hairline restorations will commonly include some placement of grafts into thinning areas of the hairline.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 3 weeks later...

mattj and company you got to excuse my late reply. Wanting to know if you can post a few links to patients who had diffuse hair. Want to see how they came out. Thinking of seeing rahal in future. Need that to assess and decide. Thanks.

mattj and company you got to excuse my late reply. Wanting to know if you can post a few links to patients who had diffuse hair. Want to see how they came out. Thinking of seeing rahal in future. Need that to assess and decide. Thanks.

Hi goodwally,

I know we've posted diffuse cases and it is a common procedure type, so I'm going to have a hunt. Stay tuned.

This patient had a classic diffuse pattern and received 4603 grafts FUT plus 966 FUE grafts later to add density to the front/hairline.

179081.thumb.jpg.512acda1ba74e8c0d5104a6ddf7c1fa2.jpg

179084.jpg.fd8fb83334e477579903776a0ed9d122.jpg

179089.thumb.jpg.96431fe55093d981ea614f2e6aece905.jpg

179091.thumb.jpg.a3bbcd61ffaaede448133039783909de.jpg

IMG_8204.thumb.jpg.ba3b664d7b7810625ab23d7f80fe3f6a.jpg

IMG_8223.thumb.jpg.9f08f16a0c37a05adc2ac6c9b34b21a6.jpg

IMG_8243.thumb.jpg.5817da82337fc772ff1922017eb10902.jpg

IMG_8240.thumb.jpg.6a4eb9bfb0486cac4a00fdc2d2be7c25.jpg

IMG_8251.thumb.jpg.e74d9d2aaf90dcc407310df4beae7c26.jpg

IMG_8260.thumb.jpg.2e2bd252b5597548727f9455026e12cc.jpg

IMG_8266.thumb.jpg.caf88389308d57f38cfd92a100ab99b8.jpg

Edited by mattj

This patient had a classic diffuse pattern and received 4603 grafts FUT plus 966 FUE grafts later to add density to the front/hairline.

mattj. Looks good like eye candy. Was this patient given the extra fue in the same fut session or a year later?

Need a few more images from a few more patients to seal the deal. I know you a busy guy. Would you post images or links to just 3 - 4 more patients? Its a big decision for me and gotta make sure. Apprecaite the understanding. Thankls.

This is a unique case because the patient appears to have exceptional donor hair quality (high volume and graft thickness). This outcome would not be possible for every diffusing patient.

I should have been clearer. He had the FUT procedure first and then the FUE several years later to add some density to the very front. The higher number of grafts needed to cover the large diffuse area meant that the hairline couldn't be planted to a high density first time around.

It is true that this patient has good donor. I wouldn't say that he is a unique case, but I agree that not every patient with extensive loss will have the donor supply to achieve this result.

This patient had diffuse thinning throughout his frontal zones. He received 2553 grafts via FUT, which is a number on the lower side for the size of the treated area, but his existing hair made all the difference.

IMG_6053.thumb.jpg.fc1d3a308eed6c93d848f96f7b7e8d4a.jpg

IMG_6103.thumb.jpg.fcbf30079e02461b9645f117c04b0adf.jpg

IMG_6109.JPG.c6578fdf0be66be41497f3b8db992db9.JPG

IMG_6120.thumb.jpg.71be2b38051819ac2f189ae21ebc5b42.jpg

IMG_6300.thumb.jpg.4ab5af9be09eadd9deef5a56e2edf6a7.jpg

IMG_4918.thumb.jpg.2f57c6a1ee375a4024d98ef5874bebe8.jpg

IMG_4938.thumb.jpg.43992bcf49a7a3713d3d2d1be3ae693d.jpg

IMG_4939.thumb.jpg.151d6f03b3446ec53fa7a784fc497676.jpg

IMG_4967.thumb.jpg.770a316978108cf8753858f421d898ee.jpg

I asked and the patient had been on Fin for years prior to surgery. Of course there is the possibility of further loss, but I would say that in this case he would have more hair than when he began, even if all native hair was lost.

I asked and the patient had been on Fin for years prior to surgery. Of course there is the possibility of further loss, but I would say that in this case he would have more hair than when he began, even if all native hair was lost.

Agreed, the result looks good. What was Dr. Rahal’s assessment of this patient’s donor hair quality? Fine, average, ideal?

Agreed, the result looks good. What was Dr. Rahal’s assessment of this patient’s donor hair quality? Fine, average, ideal?

Average thickness and straight, so not quite as idea for coverage as thicker, wavy/curly hair.