cost of prp treatment ?

Guest wanthairs

PGP

You are right that standard centrifuges are relatively inexpensive. But since PRP centrifuges are over-sized and custom built they are QUITE expensive.

Then there are the disposable kits used to process the blood. Those are also patented and custom made and are also quite costly.

$300 doesn't cover the cost of performing PRP unfortunately.

I charge $600 for each PRP procedure, but am only doing so for as long as my supplier continues the discount he's been giving me on the kits. I'm almost finished with my 25 discounted kits so my price will soon be going up to $800 per procedure.

Originally posted by JohnS:

Regardless of the cost, I appears to me wasted money. So far a number of members on another forum have been disappointed by the results.

i just dont understand posts like this yet..

i see people freakin out already about PRP on other forums too...

BOTTOMLINE IS THIS STUFF WAS NEVER TOUTED AS A MIRACLE CURE, AND THESE POSTERS WHO ARE "DISAPPOINTED" CAN ONLY BE A FEW MONTHS OUT AT BEST...

how can any of them know it has not helped maintain for them in the long run?? were they expecting to have their heads grow like a chia pet?.....

im sorry im just tired of people jumpin off the bandwagon before the thing even starts moving... i personally still have my seatbelt on ..

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

I also have to add that the posters on these other forums are "disappointed" with a PICTURE that they saw that showed potential shock loss. If we're referring to the same forum, these posters have not had the procedure done onto themselves. So I think we should just wait and see icon_smile.gif.

$800 is very expensive considering PRP is not yet a proven solution to hairloss. In 2 years when everyone who has had the procedure done is raving about it then I would consider spending $800. How many times do you have to have these procedures done? Once, Once year, 2 times a year??? If more than 1 time a year then this will not be an option for alot of people even if it has proven itself!

$800 is very expensive considering PRP is not yet a proven solution to hairloss

I have to agree with Dakota on this. However, as long as patients are giving informed consent and understand that PRP is not proven and still experiemental as a hair loss treatment, I suppose there's nothing wrong with it. You won't see me signing up for it though.

Bill