Aloe vera on recipient area

Has anybody used this and applied it on the recipient area during the recovery period post-OP?

I was wondering particularly if using Aloe vera (gel or spray?) would help with the scabbing and redness on the recipient area (and to a lesser extent the donor area)? Anybody?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Has anybody used this and applied it on the recipient area during the recovery period post-OP?

I was wondering particularly if using Aloe vera (gel or spray?) would help with the scabbing and redness on the recipient area (and to a lesser extent the donor area)? Anybody?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Hi jimbrann,

Yes, aloe vera is known to have a soothing effect in the recipient area.

Sharing with you a link to post-op instructions from Dr. Bhatti. As you can tell from these detailed instructions, aloe vera has a definite role to play in the post-op process.

Wishing you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

If it were my decision, I would use a spray for the recipient area and gel for the donor area. There are also aloe vera shampoos and cr?me rinses too.

Aloe vera can also potentially help with inflammation and post-op redness.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY