Construction of curl on hairline

I recall that the swirl at the crown of a person's head can be re-constructed, however, I would like to find out if there is any particular method used by surgeons to deliberately construct a curl on someones hairline.

Since a curl originates in the shape of someone's hair follicle, and this is genetically pre-determined, is it possible to construct a curl in someone who does not naturally have curly hair?

take care...

I recall that the swirl at the crown of a person's head can be re-constructed, however, I would like to find out if there is any particular method used by surgeons to deliberately construct a curl on someones hairline.

Since a curl originates in the shape of someone's hair follicle, and this is genetically pre-determined, is it possible to construct a curl in someone who does not naturally have curly hair?

take care...

• 1 month later...

Not sure this will answer your question, but in my experience i have much curlier hair (corkscrew curly) in the hairline while it is just slightly wavy in the donor area. my transplanted graft took on the characteristics of the hairline. so, i think the recipient site will determine the amount of wave/curl you will get. also, i don't see any way they can alter the graft's curl surgically.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

i don't see any way they can alter the graft's curl surgically.

You might be very right about that, but by manipulating the angle of the incision/slit, much like in the construction of the swirl in the crown, would this type of construction be possible?

But I believe that it would be more applicable to those who already have wavy/curly hair.

Those who are Asian may not be able to achieve this, nor perhaps want it.

More comments are welcome.

take care...

You are born with straight, wavy, curly hairs and there's no "surgical" way to alter your follicles to change this.