im 19 starting to thin out

oh and just to add im young but i want to keep hair long into old age i just love it so if i lost any on back with transplant the long hair would cover it i hope..i just want to be able to have this fixed with out having to under go many many surgeries..but i dont wont to go %100 bald on the top

Mine started to go at around 21ish. I got on propecia and it brought all of it back within six months to a year. It started giving me sexual side effects at 25 and at 27 I finally stopped taking it in fear of permenant damage. My advice is since your very young still you can go on propecia but ultimately, when you get into your mid to late twenties, you may opt to have the procedure done. However, please consult a doctor first before taking the stuff.

Nikki sixx,

You have to first determine if your hairloss is due to MPB or something else. If it is MPB, there are two drugs you can use to retard hairloss; Minoxidil and Finasteride.

take care...

At 19, with your hairloss only starting, it is not a good idea to jump into surgery. My advice would be to speak to your doctor and get on Propecia. There are however, risks of side effects, and you should research the drug and then make an informed decision.

It's important to understand that hairloss is progressive and that a 'quick fix' surgery early on in the process will do nothing to prevent future loss. Drugs like Propecia can help slow or stop hairloss, but it is likely that future surgeries will be needed as hairloss progresses.

It may be worth your while to consult with a coalition doctor for advice. But listen to them. If they say you are not a candidate for a transplant, then accept it. Don't go elsewhere. Some chains are just after your money and don't care about your long term interests.

Use the search function at the top of this page to research the drug. Good luck.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

At 19....It's probably puberty...lol...Seriously, at your age, don't you have other things to think about besides hairloss? Leave that stuff for when you are older and wiser! HT aren't a cure....

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...