Dr Lorenzo

Also, with the automated e-mail that comes from his website, do you know if the prices quoted on that are inclusive of VAT? It does not say. Is tax usually included in Spanish pricing in general or is it stripped out like the USA?

I would not have thought about it only Dr Feriduni's office quoted a ex VAT price then and inc VAT price beneath.

Many thanks.

Dr Lorenzo responds to every message and consult personally so it can take a while. 3 and 4 weeks sometimes longer isnt uncommon to get that initial consult but once youre in contact he responds on a more timely basis and once youre a patient you hear back asap so just be patient hes insanely busy but he will get to it.

Ah OK, thank you.

Any idea of the waiting list? Is it under a year?

around 6 months but if you're able to book on shorter notice you can check back for cancellations and snag a spot earlier. I got lucky and got a date within a few weeks, and I've been talking to another member who got a date a couple months out but that's luck, actual booking dates are about 6 months.

Fml,

If you have sent pictures and you haven't gotten a response, it's possible that your email was too big and never got to him. Or, it went to his spam folder. That said, I would give the Clinic a call and ask if they got your email. I know a lot of people want to rely on email and don't want to pick up the phone but at the end of the day, the best way to get a hold of the doctor or at least the clinic fastest to call them.

You could also use the virtual consult form on our website but that still relies on email. Just select his name from the drop-down box in the right inside bar, and click the consult button. But I would still call him too.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

I don't see his name on the right. Laorwong, Lindsey, Lapanzula... no Lorenzo.

I will call them later today.

Thank you.

couldn't hurt to call but I am 95% sure your email is just in queue. Dr Lorenzos schedule is insane, the days I was there he was working 7 am to well past midnight. I know for my own surgery I got there 7 am and I didn't leave until were after 1 am and the shuttle at the hotel was done for the day so he drove me to the hotel after that long day. His sister/office coordinator Pilar said he does that 4 days a week with patients in clinic having ops so hes not responding to much of anything those days besides anything emergency that comes up with current past patients requiring quick feedback, fridays he does in office consults and catches up with non emergency issues with current/former patients and then weekends off, in that time hes gotta rest up and spend time with his family...he does that 3 weeks and the 4th week of the month he takes off and that is usually when he catches up with email consults so its just a matter of waiting.

Emailed Lorenzo before too. Secretary in Spain said hes booked solid to a year. Not worth it. Look elsewhere if you need a transplant soon.

Oh he's definitely worth the wait, you should never be picking a doctor based on how fast you can get in to see them, it should be based on their work. Nobody likes to wait but the top docs all have waiting lists, that's the downside to being in demand. Talk to most Lorenzo patients, Konior patients, Feriduni patients, all docs with 6+ month waiting lists and see how many regret waiting.

Oh he's definitely worth the wait, you should never be picking a doctor based on how fast you can get in to see them, it should be based on their work. Nobody likes to wait but the top docs all have waiting lists, that's the downside to being in demand. Talk to most Lorenzo patients, Konior patients, Feriduni patients, all docs with 6+ month waiting lists and see how many regret waiting.

Not really. As long as theres other dr.s as good as Lorenzo consider others. Not worth waiting years for a dr while you keep balding when theres others as good or better with shorter wait lists. Need a dr. soon? Keep looking.

Not really. As long as theres other dr.s as good as Lorenzo consider others. Not worth waiting years for a dr while you keep balding when theres others as good or better with shorter wait lists. Need a dr. soon? Keep looking.

That's the rub tho, who are the drs as good as the guys I named with much shorter waiting lists? Any doctor worth a damn has a few months at minimum and then you're squabbling over a few months... If you're progression is so bad that waiting 6 months to a year for a top doc is out of the question you probably aren't a great candidate for a transplant to begin with.

Emailed Lorenzo before too. Secretary in Spain said hes booked solid to a year. Not worth it. Look elsewhere if you need a transplant soon.

Not true at all dude.

Spoke to them weeks ago and the wait was 5-6 months but I got offered multiple short notice dates as time went on. Just gotta have some patience.

fml555 you should def not make your decision based on wait times. Make a short list of a few doctors you are really keen on, book dates in the future if they offer refundable deposits (most do) and have them keep you posted on short notice dates and there is a very high change you will get one (multiple Drs that I booked 6 months in advance offered me short notice (1-2 months) dates. Worst case you get a Dr you like in 6 months but chances are you get in on a cancellation.

That's the rub tho, who are the drs as good as the guys I named with much shorter waiting lists?

List of dr.s already on this thread.

Not true at all dude.

Spoke to them weeks ago and the wait was 5-6 months but I got offered multiple short notice dates as time went on. Just gotta have some patience.

You dont understand. Its 5 -6 months for a consult. Another 6 months for the procedure.

You dont understand. Its 5 -6 months for a consult. Another 6 months for the procedure.

Wrong.

You send in your pictures and info, he gets back to you in 3-4 weeks, and from there you can book for 5-6 months or get in pretty easily on a cancellation.

Did you just call and ask for an in person or skype consult or somthing and they told you 5-6 months?

List of dr.s already on this thread.

which are?

Fml posted about not seeing Dr Lorenzos name in the list of approved docs and I posted a couple docs who all have wait lists as long or longer than Lorenzo, so not sure who you think is in the same league as Dr Lorenzo.

I dont wanna argue, if you can find a dr you think is as good as Lorenzo for fue and you can get in sooner use them but imo I think Lorenzos the best fue doc on the planet. Cuotos building the same type of portfolio and hes got way longer wait times. Erdogan is the only other fue doc putting out consistently the same type of results as Lorenzo and the difference in their wait time is a few months at most, so we're back squabbling over 2-3 months and as Dan pointed out and I also mentioned if you're able to leave on quicker notice, cancellations come up regularly and you can get in sooner. 3 years for Cuoto is retarded but waiting an extra month-3 for your first choice over your back ups seems worthwhile to me.

Wrong.

You send in your pictures and info, he gets back to you in 3-4 weeks, and from there you can book for 5-6 months or get in pretty easily on a cancellation.

Wrong. Sec said to send pics Then he gets back to you. Sets up consult in 6 months. Months after get procedure. End of story.

which are?

I dont wanna argue, if you can find a dr you think is as good as Lorenzo for fue .

Youre right. Was thinking of another thread. Dont wanna argue either. Doesnt get anywhere.

I'd say Couto is the best on the planet in fue. But has 7 year wait period. Not worth the wait. Heres my list; in that order.

Cuoto

Lorenzo

Erdogan

Bisanga

• 2 months later...
Wrong. Sec said to send pics Then he gets back to you. Sets up consult in 6 months. Months after get procedure. End of story.

Forgot to update this thread, but you are totally wrong on everything you have written in this thread.

I have recently booked a procedure and paid the deposit. The wait time from first submitting the online consult, to actually having the procedure, is about 7.5 months.

It took Lorenzo around 6 weeks to respond to the consult form, and then I was offered a procedure date that was 6 months away. The in person consult happens the day before the procedure.

I am pleased so far. The price is good in relation to many other prices I have seen. It is probably not Turkey prices, but relative to other world class names it is good. The hotel is also covered, so the only additional expense I have is flight cost.

Forgot to update this thread, but you are totally wrong on everything you have written in this thread.

I have recently booked a procedure and paid the deposit. The wait time from first submitting the online consult, to actually having the procedure, is about 7.5 months.

It took Lorenzo around 6 weeks to respond to the consult form, and then I was offered a procedure date that was 6 months away. The in person consult happens the day before the procedure.

I am pleased so far. The price is good in relation to many other prices I have seen. It is probably not Turkey prices, but relative to other world class names it is good. The hotel is also covered, so the only additional expense I have is flight cost.

congrats on making a great choice!