Ingrow hairs a year post-op.

Hello everyone, I've been dealing with a few pimples during the growth process, and two are still here to taunt me.

I've mailed my surgeon who suggested that I pop them myself or go see a dermatologist, not very helpful. Did some of you go through this? I can't see it on my pictures but my girlfriend told me that there were several hairs coming out of one of the pimples!

I feel a bump but they are no longer inflamated.

T4c0RP0.jpg

mHugOtr.jpg

Thegman,

I'm a little confused because it says in the post that you are one year post op which tells me that you should be at maturation which means your growth is mostly done other than perhaps a little tiny bit over the next six months which usually in most cases doesn't produce much additional cosmetics significance. But you are saying you are still in the growth process and experiencing ingrown hairs?

Occasional ingrown hair will happen probably for the rest of your life although if you are getting thousands of them, I agree that you should talk to your surgeon. The occasional ingrown hair is probably just a hair that is in the resting phase breaking through the scalp because it's just entered the growth phase.

Every hair, no matter if it's natural or transplanted goes to hair growth phase is, even healthy hair is. They will shed, fall out, rest and grow back. But typically only 10% of your hair will be in resting at any given time which is why people don't lose all their hair and is it all grows back at the same time. If that happens, we would all be bald for a period of time.

Long story short, based on what you're describing I don't see any issues, if it is extensive and you were seeing dozens of in grown hair is, contact your physician.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill, my final result is here and I no longer experience any new growth.

The pimples I still have have been around for months. The others completely went away but those two left a bump as if the hairs continued growing underneath the skin.