Concerned at 1 month post-op

I have had 2 successful fue surgeries on my front and last month did fue on my crown. Im a bit concerned. I have nothing as far as growth, not even stubble. I have a bit of peach fuzz here and there, but for the most part my crown is smooth bald as a babys ass like it was before the surgery. At one month is this normal? I mean its like I never even had the surgery.

This is perfectly normal at one month. In rare cases hair may not shed but generally the transplanted follicles fall out and growth is not visible until about 3 to 4 months post-op.

I'm surprised that you were not prepared for that after two prior surgeries. Did your hair not shed with those surgeries?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Sounds totally normal. As a rule of thumb, try not to expect any results at all until month 6 or so. Some people start growing earlier around months 3-4, but it could just as easily take longer to start seeing new growth.... So set your expectations as low as possible so that if you do start growing early, it's a pleasant surprise, and if you don't, you haven't set yourself up for disappointment.

Happy growing! Let patience be your best friend. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I was thinking the same as David, in that having had previous ht's you would know not to expect anything at just one month.

Patience is key with transplants, it can be a frustrating wait but hopefully it'll be worth it.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

And sometimes the regrowth in the crown is noticeably slower than other areas of the scalp.

I agree, patience is the key at this point in time post-op...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY