Considering a HT, how can I tell I'm a good candidate?

Hi all,

I am considering going in for a HT or at least consultation by the end of the year.

However I would like to ask some general questions, and more so if there are any members here who have had a HT 10 years ago or more.

My main concern is whether I am a good candidate for a HT?

The way I understand it, the older the person the better the candidate they are as it is more likely that their pattern has settled; and they also need to have a thick donor area.

1. I am a few years under 30, how likely is it that I will lose my donor area (to MBP) or how likely is it it to thin out?
  2. Is it possible for a HT clinic to thoroughly examine the donor area to determine if it is susceptible to fall out?

Also, there is always the concern of having a HT (for the front vertex/hairline/temples) but then the native hairs behind that will continue to fall out.

• I would be grateful for anybody's thoughts and opinions, or if anybody has experience they could share?

It hasn't dawned on you that perhaps you should post a few pics of your hair/head? We don't need to see who you are - just a visual of your hair loss.

Then we can better help you :-)

Welcome to the forum; you're in the right place

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Hi all,

I am considering going in for a HT or at least consultation by the end of the year.

However I would like to ask some general questions, and more so if there are any members here who have had a HT 10 years ago or more.

My main concern is whether I am a good candidate for a HT?

The way I understand it, the older the person the better the candidate they are as it is more likely that their pattern has settled; and they also need to have a thick donor area.

1. I am a few years under 30, how likely is it that I will lose my donor area (to MBP) or how likely is it it to thin out?

2. Is it possible for a HT clinic to thoroughly examine the donor area to determine if it is susceptible to fall out?

Also, there is always the concern of having a HT (for the front vertex/hairline/temples) but then the native hairs behind that will continue to fall out.

• I would be grateful for anybody's thoughts and opinions, or if anybody has experience they could share?

Any thorough examinations over a given amount of time can be very beneficial. Stabilization is very important as is the commitment to medical therapy.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hair type, amount of loss, age, donor quality, and preventative treatment such as finasteride all play a role in determining how fit you are for a transplantation.

I suggest consulting with a few reputable hair transplant doctors and comparing what it is that they have to say.

And if you are not yet on finasteride, I would suggest trying it out for at least six months to a year to assess if it is helping to stabilize your condition from worsening.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

If you go for a consultation, it's possible to examine the donor area and as well as judge density, check to see if there is any miniaturization of hairs in the area. Hairs tend to lose their thickness if they are soon to be lost due to androgenic alopecia. But nobody can tell what might happen ten, twenty, thirty years down the road.

HT doctors will take into account your family history of hairloss and whether you've made successful use of the available treatments.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com