Why look into the distance? Improved FIN could be a quasi cure?

Everyone is talking (and researching) about fancy stuff like hair multiplication etc.

We have FIN blocking approx. 70 % 5-alpha-Reduktase Typ II.

DUT blocks > 90 % of 5-alpha-Reduktase Typ II and Type I.

There was even a 5-alpha-Reduktase Typ I blocker investigated with no results.

Why is no one working on drug with > 90 % efficacy in 5-alpha-Reduktase Typ II reduction only?

Less risk thank DUT but more gain than FIN. Seems not as unrealistic as other stuff.

Because DHT inhibition is not the final solution. It helps a lot, but it's not the answer by a long shot.

Well, all data shows DUT to be 20-25 % more effective than FIN. There is a great chance this is due the improved blocking of Type II and not the additional effect of Type I blocking.

New medication with > 20 % improvement to the current status is huge!

Less risk thank DUT

Gast.....just in general terms what are the significant risks with DUT you are referring to?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Gast.....just in general terms what are the significant risks with DUT you are referring to?

Well, no one knows. Studies show only a slightly increased risk of side effects compared to FIN. Besides that almost everyone (!), medical doctor or forum member, warns for the bigger risk with DUT and recommends FIN as the first option.

The reason: 5-alpha-Reduktase Typ I is exiting in more organs than Type II and especially in the brain. Hence, fear for side effects is much bigger than with FIN.

The effect of DUT can be great: Twins Hair Loss | Stop Thinning Hair Loss | Dutasteride