Over The Top Forum Postings- Feller and Bloxham-Great Neck- NY- NJ- CT- FL

Interesting video , I know the case you're referring to . Dr Bloxham made a great point in that the credibility of a poster's claim of malpractice should be viewed with skepticism until photos dates etc are put forward ,then the Doctor/clinic can respond and put their case forward .

I think most of the regular posters on here are mindful of what and how they say things , but of course that isn't always the case as above video demonstrates.

Edited by Mick50

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting video , I know the case you're referring to . Dr Bloxham made a great point in that the credibility of a poster's claim of malpractice should be viewed with skepticism until photos dates etc are put forward ,then the Doctor/clinic can respond and put their case forward .

I think most of the regular posters on here are mindful of what and how they say things , but of course that isn't always the case as above video demonstrates.

Such is the nature of the internet.

One thing I will add to this thread is I think doctors need to look out for warning signs that a patient is not

psychologically suitable for a hair transplant. I have observed on this forum posters who are patently not able to deal with the whole process, even ones who have a good result are never happy ,not sure how easy it is for a Doc to spot these guys but I'm sure there must be some signs .

warning signs that a patient is not psychologically suitable for a hair transplant.

Mick it does seem very obvious on-line when these type patients post in this forum, but I suppose clinics can miss the telltale signs during consultation and then they end up with a nightmare on their hands.

It was a good video that is full of common sense which is sometimes lacking in the herd mentality on the internet.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Very interesting video Dr. Feller. I'm not anonymous :-). But I know a lot of people are.

Internet forums are a valuable resource however, there's no doubt that there are flaws. Anonymity is highly valuable for many reasons on internet hair restoration forums, the most appropriate of which is to protect their privacy so that people they know in real life can't identify them as someone who has had cosmetic surgery. However, one of the biggest problems with anonymity is that some take advantage of it and use it as a tool to unfairly malign others, in particular, hair transplant surgeons who ultimately depend on their hard earned reputation. Now, at times, a physician may deserve a critical review, as long as it's genuine. But in other cases, information being presented is downright false and is unfairly maligning against surgeons.

Those who post anonymously really need to understand and respect that physicians live and die by their reputation. Thus, we ask that members share their genuine opinions and be as respectful as possible, even if they are unhappy, angry (even if they are justified).

The whole "us and them" mentality (referring to patients vs. physicians) needs to stop but instead, educated patients and expert physicians should be collaborating and working together to educate newbies and help to get them the very best results.

Best wishes,

Bill

Very interesting video Dr. Feller. I'm not anonymous :-). But I know a lot of people are.

Internet forums are a valuable resource however, there's no doubt that there are flaws. Anonymity is highly valuable for many reasons on internet hair restoration forums, the most appropriate of which is to protect their privacy so that people they know in real life can't identify them as someone who has had cosmetic surgery. However, one of the biggest problems with anonymity is that some take advantage of it and use it as a tool to unfairly malign others, in particular, hair transplant surgeons who ultimately depend on their hard earned reputation. Now, at times, a physician may deserve a critical review, as long as it's genuine. But in other cases, information being presented is downright false and is unfairly maligning against surgeons.

Those who post anonymously really need to understand and respect that physicians live and die by their reputation. Thus, we ask that members share their genuine opinions and be as respectful as possible, even if they are unhappy, angry (even if they are justified).

The whole "us and them" mentality (referring to patients vs. physicians) needs to stop but instead, educated patients and expert physicians should be collaborating and working together to educate newbies and help to get them the very best results.

Best wishes,

Bill

This describes the situation quite well.

Unfortunately, online misuse and abuse will continue unless something is done about it.And it is not practical to moderate every single post on a successful forum.

I have a very simple suggestion. Software should be included in the forum that only allows an anonymous poster to mention any particular doctor's name a limited number of times. This would effectively limit "doctor bashing" as well as "doctor shilling".

People are tired of both, and neither serve anybody.

If a doctor is so "great" or so "awful", new posters will mention their name enough times individually to make a VALID impression on newbie viewers. No need for the same patient to be promoting their doctor over and over and over again for years. No matter how you cut it, that behavior is agenda driven and invalid.

This would also limit the use of online reps by doctors thus compelling the doctors themselves to contribute on the forum in person. The more doctors who participate, the more valuable the forum and the information.

I think it's time for a change and that's a pretty simple one.